Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signatures, profiles and post count

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Since there's apparently a minimum post count required to have a signature and/or edit some profile fields, new members are regularly asking how they can get a signature and/or edit those profile fields.

Suggestion 1: Change the display logic to use the same post count minimums.
Result: People will be able to see the new shiny stuff once they can actually set their own.
Intent: Avoid repetitive posts asking how to set something that can't yet be set.

Suggestion 2: Enable the buttons for these settings regardless of post count. When member attempts to submit a change, reply with a helpful message explaining to the user why it can't be done yet.
Result: Educates new members on the post count requirements.
Intent: Avoid repetitive posts asking why user can't reach various settings.

Suggestion 3: Remove post count minimums for enabling profile and signature settings.
Result: Avoids pollution posts that are written purely to reach the minimum post count.
Intent: Simpler forum with less wasted posts to inflate minimums, educate people on the minimums, etc.

Last edited:
Since there's apparently a minimum post count required to have a signature and/or edit some profile fields, new members are regularly asking how they can get a signature and/or edit those profile fields.

Suggestion 1: Change the display logic to use the same post count minimums.
Result: People will be able to see the new shiny stuff once they can actually set their own.
Intent: Avoid repetitive posts asking how to set something that can't yet be set.

Suggestion 2: Enable the buttons for these settings regardless of post count. When member attempts to submit a change, reply with a helpful message explaining to the user why it can't be done yet.
Result: Educates new members on the post count requirements.
Intent: Avoid repetitive posts asking why user can't reach various settings.

Suggestion 3: Remove post count minimums.
Result: Avoids pollution posts that are written purely to reach the minimum post count.
Intent: Simpler forum with less wasted posts to inflate minimums, educate people on the minimums, etc.

Ditto - and yes this is a pollution post...

One of your suggestions was to remove the post count minimum.
Really, a few posts is not too high of a bar for people to meet.
I guess I should have been more specific. For the third suggestion, I meant the minimums w/r/t profile and signature options NOT w/r/t moderation to counter spamming, etc.

I'll update the OP to be more crisp.

Ok. If I tell you that my husband has been active on the forum for a while, has a new Model S, and you want to verify it with him, could I get this opened for me? I already ordered my X plates and would like to use that image. I'm still in reading and learning mode for the most part.