Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio: Radio cycle through presets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ckessel

Jan 15, 2011
Seems like it must be something obvious, but is there no way to cycle through preset channels from the driver's controls? Cars typically have a +/- on the channel from the steering wheel, but I can't figure out a way to do that from the steering wheel. The left side buttons scan forwards/backwards rather than going to the next preset.

Slightly related, with Slacker. I search for a band I like such as The Sword and I see that under "Artists" in the search. I click on it and I get "The Sword Radio" which plays a song by them, but then the next is by some other band. Does Slacker not actually stick with the band you asked for, but instead give you a channel of "similar" music?

Seems like it must be something obvious, but is there no way to cycle through preset channels from the driver's controls? Cars typically have a +/- on the channel from the steering wheel, but I can't figure out a way to do that from the steering wheel. The left side buttons scan forwards/backwards rather than going to the next preset.

None that I know of.

Slightly related, with Slacker. I search for a band I like such as The Sword and I see that under "Artists" in the search. I click on it and I get "The Sword Radio" which plays a song by them, but then the next is by some other band. Does Slacker not actually stick with the band you asked for, but instead give you a channel of "similar" music?

Correct. It's like Pandora. Every fourth song or so will be from The Sword and the rest will be similar. I've found that Slacker is a bit more repetitive than Pandora (for example, using a specific song name like Waylon Jennings' "Good Hearted Woman" can result in that same song played every 10th song or so).