Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster IN Norway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cobos

Model S owner since 2013
Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2007
Oslo, Norway
The Roadster made a PR appearance in a Norwegian climate conference today, and this article says it's PR tour should continue to Oslo THIS weekend. But that is a also the only reference I've seen on that :(
The conference has a website in english.
Anyone know anything about this PR tour ? It really shouldn't be that hard to get to know about a PR tour right :)

Cobos

It seems it was only a low-key VIP tour, where prospective buyers and people at the climate conference got to try out the car.
I know because of one of the friendly people at Ferdinand Motors (the Norwegian importer) sent me a private message on this board and told me about the time and place here in Oslo. Which was smack in the middle of town right next to the parliament.

I DID get a ride in the Roadster!! I was actually offered to drive it myself but considering I've got hardly any experience driving a fast car or a sports car and the pricetag I chickened out. I've got some pictures and more to tell but I really need to finish my work first, so I'll tell more about it later...

BTW: It really is a tiny car, and it looks really, really nice seeing it "in the flesh".

Cobos

Nice to meet you today Cobos, I hope you enjoyed the Tesla as much as we did! :biggrin:

Tesla_forfra.jpg

Tesla_interior_birdview.jpg

Tesla_VIN.jpg

Awesome!

Would you have thought a year ago that they would bring a Roadster all the way to you in Norway?!

Well they didn't exactly bring it to me, but I never guessed I would be able to sit in a Roadster in Norway. Driving down the main street of Oslo in a Tesla was really nice. As to my impressions as a passenger. I loved the silence of the ride, and I'm not sure about which versions of the seats this is, but for my 10min ride they were pretty comfy. I'm not a very large person (5'11''), but I've got a decently broad shoulders and the guy from Tesla driving was a bit taller and as wide as me, and it was a pretty tight squeeze. It did work pretty well as soon as we were inside the car, or I might have forgotten about it due to me enjoying the ride :)

The big problem of course with the Roadster is the huge amount of obstacles (or "cars and pedestrians") blocking your path as you drive. We did get one spot where I could feel a bit of the acceleration reserves the car got, but we where still in a 35mph zone with pedestrians. And the acceleration and the feel of the ride on my side was it was a very smooth ride. I'm pretty sure you can get a decent use out of this car as a commuter car, but you'll wish for all the other cars to get out of the way. :)

I'll see if I can upload some pictures to my journal.

Cobos