Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Missouri get their Missouri tags yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
I've had my car for 3 1/2 weeks with that Tesla letter and the temporary California registration thing. Just trying to figure out when I'll actually get my Missouri tags...what exactly do I get next? Can someone who's gotten their Missouri tags tell me what the experience was like and how everything worked? Just starting to feel a tad odd driving this car for almost a month without plates.

8264619487_a12edd8dde.jpg
Tesla Gallery by efusco, on Flickr

I've had my car for just over a month and my IL plates aren't here yet -- and Tesla is a dealer in IL. Part of this is because I'm getting the special EV plates that have to be handled in Springfield.

As I understand, some individuals have needed to get a second CA temp registration from Tesla, and you just have to be patient.

I've had my car for just over a month and my IL plates aren't here yet -- and Tesla is a dealer in IL. Part of this is because I'm getting the special EV plates that have to be handled in Springfield.

As I understand, some individuals have needed to get a second CA temp registration from Tesla, and you just have to be patient.
Patience is not a virtue I have much of.

I called Tesla and they sent a generic letter stating that I had a California temp tag and it was good for 90 days. I eventually put a tag on from another car of mine as I have been stopped twice, no tickets, once prompted by the California temp tag ( 2 inches by 8 inches in the back window). I am now at 7 weeks and waiting.

I have not. I emailed [email protected] last night and, among several other things, I asked about more details about the title. I haven't heard back.

And yes, I was charged Missouri and Christian County sales tax.

Ok So I think they messed up my taxes doc. I'm in Missouri but I received a Illinois state tax form. And no where on the form did it indicate that I was not a Illinois resident and the tax calculation specifically referenced Chicago tax rate. I'm assuming no one else saw this or something similar on their tax docs. Right?

Ok So I think they messed up my taxes doc. I'm in Missouri but I received a Illinois state tax form. And no where on the form did it indicate that I was not a Illinois resident and the tax calculation specifically referenced Chicago tax rate. I'm assuming no one else saw this or something similar on their tax docs. Right?

Do the calculation. Mine said Chicago (which is a much, much higher rate) but when I calculated it, it was the 6.25% I expected for my county in Illinois.

I recieved my IL tax doccument today and a IL Temp Tag.

Section 2 : A = Vehicle F = Out of State Vehicle
Section 5: A = Non resident Buyer with detail on drive away temp permit number and State = MO
Section 6: MO Jackson County Tax Rate

I hope this clarifies it. All sales in MO are going through the Chicago Service Center. The key is that the taxes are paid in order to register the car.

I ordered my MO Personalized plate today. TESLA I know boring but descriptive. TESLA S and TESLA-S were taken.

Thanks K Hall

Looks like I'll have to have them send me a new set of docs. Mine definitely do not match yours and should be the same except for county.

BTW. I ordered EVOLVD for my plates. Wondering how long it's going to take to get them. My husbands personilized plates took 3 months. Hopefully, they'll be quicker with mine.

Thanks K Hall

Looks like I'll have to have them send me a new set of docs. Mine definitely do not match yours and should be the same except for county.

BTW. I ordered EVOLVD for my plates. Wondering how long it's going to take to get them. My husbands personilized plates took 3 months. Hopefully, they'll be quicker with mine.

How did you order plates? I wasn't offered any option for personalized tags and don't know how I would do it myself without a title.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

Still no tags, but I did get an email today asking for my proof of insurance, proof of personal property tax paid, and to complete the form for my special fuel decal. While I'd have rather gotten my tags, it's reassuring to know that someone is working on it and that there is some sort of progress.

I'll use this as a thread bump, has anyone in MO gotten their tags? Did you have the same letter asking for more information? If so, how long after getting the letter did you get your tags?

I called Tesla and they sent me the documentation and a check for taxes. I took the docs and check to the DMV and received my plates. The alternate fuel sticker is really ugly. I don't want to place it on my windshield. The law requires it to use the interstate system.