Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced Driving / Skid Schools

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations on advanced driving / skid schools in the Ontario/Quebec/New York area? This is my first RWD and I'm already a bit skiddish driving in the winter after having a serious accident with my VW Jetta a few years back. A hands-on refresher would be well worth the money after the drive home tonight. I'm looking at Skid Control School, BMW Driver Training and Car Control School at the moment. Any thoughts on these or others appreciated.

Last edited:
I took the BMW Driver Training - Advanced a couple years ago and I really enjoyed it. We learned about braking on a wet skid pad, accident avoidance on dry pavement, under and over steer on a wet circular course, and we did a fun slalom course race at the end. I was thinking of doing the Perfection course next. It fills up fast so register early and it's not cheap. If its driving on slippery roads you want to perfect then the BMW winter one may be a better fit or the skid control school.

Any recommendations on advanced driving / skid schools in the Ontario/Quebec/New York area? This is my first RWD and I'm already a bit skiddish driving in the winter after having a serious accident with my VW Jetta a few years back. A hands-on refresher would be well worth the money after the drive home tonight. I'm looking at Skid Control School, BMW Driver Training and Car Control School at the moment. Any thoughts on these or others appreciated.

I am going to be doing the "Skid Control School" in Oakville in late January, so I can let you know how that goes. We are also taking my son, who is a relatively new driver. We are looking forward to it.

Colin, I'd try Ian Law's Car Control School ( Car Control | Advanced Driving | Driving School )...he runs schools in Autocross, Track, Car Control & a Winter driving School...I've taken the Car Control School and really learned a lot from it...Ian's a good guy and has a good stable of instructors...reasonably priced as well.

Last edited: