Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fogging windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as the materials are off-gassing, I've been trying to keep it clean but it's not always that easy.

I've found that I can maintain a good interior by using the "range driving" setting ("eco" climate control). I set auto fan, but manually set outside-air, compressor on, and floor + windshield. That seems to maintain a good cabin air quality for me.

I just drove home tonight with 4 passengers in the car and the front and read windows kept fogging up (the outside temperature said it was 46 degrees). If I turned on the front defroster it would defog the windows for a few minutes. I then noticed that when the climate control system is on Auto and the car is using heat the A/C is turned off. In most automatic climate control cars the AC will remain on with the heat to reduce the humidity in the car. I think Tesla needs to tweak their Auto algorithms and cycle the AC when the heat is on to reduce fogging. This is a simple software fix.

I have not had any fogging issues. I use the defrost as needed, occasional. I expect the reports are from either plugged defrosters and/or not cleaning the inside of the window. I have had four adults in the car for hundreds of cold miles.