Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South FL Ford Focus EV owner, any Tesla owners care to meet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, my name is Steve and I'm just about ready to put a reservation down on a Model X to replace my wife's car. Replaced my old car with a 2012 Ford Focus Electric just for commuting and looking to fill the gap for our Minivan/SUV/Porsche/small RV needs with a Model X! :biggrin:

Anyone willing to meet up somewhere in the Broward/Miami-Dade/Palm Beach county area for a bite to eat? We could go for rides in our cars and exchange in nice conversations about our EVs. I never rode in a Tesla before but I saw a Signature Red coming down PGA blvd once in the Palm Beach Gardens area and visited the showroom in Miami Beach. I got the Tesla bug for sure and cant shake it! :smile:

IMG_20120714_163044.jpg

Hey everyone, my name is Steve and I'm just about ready to put a reservation down on a Model X to replace my wife's car. Replaced my old car with a 2012 Ford Focus Electric just for commuting and looking to fill the gap...
Hi Steve, Steve here too... I live in Western Florida so we may not be able to meet soon, however, I'm interested in your thoughts on the Focus EV. Just last week we took delivery of a beautiful Model S Performance. I'm an early adopter and the 3 1/2 year wait is finally over! The Model S is absolutly fantastic!

That being said, driving a 100 thousand dollar car every day to work and running errands is not in my long term plan :eek: We have a really nice Audi S4 that's going back off lease in a couple months and we will be back to a 1 car fleet. I've been considering the Ford Focus as a "commuter" car, but really didn't even realize there was an EV version. I"m going to do some research, but any insight you could give me on your experience with it would be appreciated.

thanks aviators99 PM sent!

Steve:
I was just recently in Ft Myers Beach with the car last August, if only I posted this topic earlier we could've met up halfway! Overall the Focus EV is great and you probably could get a real good deal on one now since I bought mine shortly after the first batch coming off the line in June. Of course its no comparison to a Tesla but its at most 1/3 of the way there to Tesla with the features and range of 70-100 miles. The EPA rates it at 76 miles but with Florida weather and 55mph driving, you can easily get 85 out of it. I've actually gotten the gauge to read 121 miles during a run at an avg 35mph for 1 hour which isnt bad for a 32,000$ car. With all the specs and features listed for the car, everything performs flawlessly as it should and with all the gadgetry on board, 23kw battery (about 19.5kw is actually usable; no option to charge in a "Tesla Range Mode" with this car). IMO its one of the best commuter cars to own before the Tesla GenIII's come out!