Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Tesla Owners Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang, sorry I didn't see this earlier.
I would be very interested.
And, any other Tesla or other EV owners, please feel free to join us at the Minnesota plug I vehicles circle.
On Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mnpevowners/
Or the website at MN PEV Owners

Meetings are hosted by the upper Midwest chapter of the American Lung Association.
The next meeting is on the 10th and the main topic will be winter charging and efficiency. I am really looking forward to talking with others about this topic.

Great to meet some of you guys!
It was a great event, we had 4 Model Ss there which was fantastic to see:)
Great talking and sharing winter experiences with other Leaf and Volt owners as well.
We had. Someone that commutes on an electric assist bike as well. Wish we had had more time, but I guess that is what the next meeting is for;)

Hey, I don't have a great spot for this on the forums, but I wanted to recommend my electrician out of Saint Louis Park, MN. They charged $250 for installing a NEMA 14-50 and it was a best-case scenario in my garage, with the outlet on the same wall as the main breaker.
Hitec Electric (952) 926 1501
Tell them you have a Tesla. They will be exuberant. They've done the installs for Nissan Leaf before, so I guess they are really energized about electric cars.
The initial conversation I had with them to get the estimate was "I want a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage."
The response was:
"Okay, that's a lot of current, why?"
"It will make sense when you get here."
When they showed up, they saw the car and were grinning when they said:
"Well, no wonder you wanted a NEMA 14-50, that's a Tesla!"

I thought that was a very good price.

FYI for MN owners....Tesla is charging your registration fees based off full value of the car. The DMV only wants base MSRP($57,400) plus delivery. I've signed for a refund of $311 at my DMV. I'd say to contact Tesla but they don't seem to understand. My DMV caught the discrepancy a put together the proper paperwork.

FYI for MN owners....Tesla is charging your registration fees based off full value of the car. The DMV only wants base MSRP($57,400) plus delivery. I've signed for a refund of $311 at my DMV. I'd say to contact Tesla but they don't seem to understand. My DMV caught the discrepancy a put together the proper paperwork.

I talked with my local DMV today and they seemed just as confused about this. They agreed that they want MSRP plus delivery, but said that trim levels count as part of the MSRP. One thing that I don't know is what Tesla and the state of MN define as trim levels, I would think that the way it is setup the battery is an option not a trim level but I don't know if they agree.

They said that Tesla never provided a base price for my car to the state so I would have to get something from them in order to change the price. Is this something that you did or did they just look at the website and go off of that for you?

I will try my luck reaching out to Tesla to see if I can get something from them with the base price but I would guess I'll run into the same issues that you did.

Hi, This is off topic but didn't see anywhere else to post. I split my time between Mn and Florida and I have a Model S (SN# 3166). Has a Mn Tesla Owners Club been established. Not clear based on the threads I see so far.

There is something of a club, yeah. We had a dinner a few weeks ago.
Hey, you don't by any chance own a blue BMW with Florida plates, do you? I'm going to stick Zythryn in charge of adding you to the distribution list.
There's also a MN EV owner's club that meets bi-monthly, and we all show up to that as well. They tend to talk about interesting EV topics, but I wouldn't advise it as your only destination as a Tesla owner.