Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northeast is official: Where will Tesla build out the next Superchargers?

Where will be the next batch of Superchargers go?

• Florida

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • The Midwest

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Texas

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Washington/Oregon

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "bar" may be the easiest and most PR pushing route to go down honestly. I would be surprised if they didn't do that. Though having what seems to be both a surprising and large number of customers in Texas, you would think they would want to push sales. If you are creating the network across the "bar" you are putting superchargers in more rural areas, places were EV's may not be as common or even wanted. You may want to hit your more city based locations first.

This is all purely opinion and speculation of course. I don't actually know if Texas is a big front for sales, though to be honest there are more then I anticipated here. Someone at my work place just got their S! So jealous. :)

This is all purely opinion and speculation of course. I don't actually know if Texas is a big front for sales, though to be honest there are more then I anticipated here. Someone at my work place just got their S! So jealous. :)

Texas has about 26,000,000 people, which is about 8% of the U.S. population. Houston is the fourth largest, San Antonio and Dallas are eighth and ninth respectively, so three Texas cities are in the top ten and five are in the top twenty. Only California has a larger population. That seems reason enough for there to be a lot of Tesla sales.

Superchargers need to be in the rural areas because that's where they will be used the most. I'd like to see them on regular highways rather than on the boring freeways.

Texas has about 26,000,000 people, which is about 8% of the U.S. population. Houston is the fourth largest, San Antonio and Dallas are eighth and ninth respectively, so three Texas cities are in the top ten and five are in the top twenty. Only California has a larger population. That seems reason enough for there to be a lot of Tesla sales.

Superchargers need to be in the rural areas because that's where they will be used the most. I'd like to see them on regular highways rather than on the boring freeways.

I didn't know about any of these facts. That is pretty cool. :)

I agree finishing that bar would be the best step and I would imagine connecting Texas with the H would be a logical next step.

Texas also has some of the cheapest gasoline in the country, heavy oil industry presence, no state incentives, and anti-Tesla store laws.

Just to list a few things that will work against strong EV sales there.

Texas also has some of the cheapest gasoline in the country, heavy oil industry presence, no state incentives, and anti-Tesla store laws.

Just to list a few things that will work against strong EV sales there.

Despite this, and I am speaking from first hand knowledge not actual facts, there seems to be a strong EV presence here. At least stronger then I expected to be honest. In San Antonio alone with no stores the map shows roughly 4 Model S's, though I believe there are a few more. I myself will be reserving next month if I am lucky, Feb. if not.

Imagine if Texas cared about innovation and pushing America forward. :)

Returning to the original topic. I wonder if north south travel is more compelling or more common than east west travel.
I would think that completing the Boston to Florida chain is much more important than connecting an east west route.
I would love for the Seattle to SoCal route to be finished as well, but it's probably much less important ( despite the huge number of Teslas we have here in the NW )

Returning to the original topic. I wonder if north south travel is more compelling or more common than east west travel.
I would think that completing the Boston to Florida chain is much more important than connecting an east west route.
I would love for the Seattle to SoCal route to be finished as well, but it's probably much less important ( despite the huge number of Teslas we have here in the NW )

Vote for Boston to Florida here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think priority should be to extend the west coast from CA to BC. Seattle is one of the hottest markets for Tesla,cand now Vancouver is second hottest in Cananda (after Toronto). EV population and support in WA and OR are huge.

After that, the cross-bar is a huge step to enabling road trips coast to coast, but also connecting Reno, Salt Lake City, Denver (close enough), Omaha, Des Moines, Chicago, Detroit (close enough), Cleveland, and Pittsburg to The Bay Area, and NYC.

- - - Updated - - -

I think priority should be to extend the west coast from CA to BC. Seattle is one of the hottest markets for Tesla,cand now Vancouver is second hottest in Cananda (after Toronto). EV population and support in WA and OR are huge.

After that, the cross-bar is a huge step to enabling road trips coast to coast, but also connecting Reno, Salt Lake City, Denver (close enough), Omaha, Des Moines, Chicago, Detroit (close enough), Cleveland, and Pittsburg to The Bay Area, and NYC.

Looking at robert.boston's map might help you vote: Tesla Model S & X Reservations.

Exactly. If you view the map the next logical buildout will occur in Florida North toward the existing Northeast network. Then it would make sense to finish the North-South network on the East Coast.

Larry

P.S. Take a look at this:

World's Most-Visited Tourist Attractions

Plot each of these US and Canadian destinations on a map in the order of annual visitors and you will get a feel for where the first sections of the Supercharger network will be.

Last edited: