Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MVPA after finalizing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm probably being impatient here but I finalized on 12-19 and still haven't seen the MVPA. It says to expect it in a day. How long did it take others? Maybe it's the holidays or a flood of finalized orders, I don't know. Just wondering if I shouldn't make a call.

I'm in the same boat too. I don't see the point in calling, they're just busy and we're not getting our cars for a while anyway, so what's a couple extra days to sign the paperwork. At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it until after Christmas. I'm sure getting the final paperwork out for deliveries by the end of the year is (appropriately) a much higher priority.

Same here. You are definetaly not alone. Push the button on the 20th.

However, if you want, use the buildmymodels email address that they sent you back when you pushed the button. I sent a question on compatibility of the SC charger option and any other L3 standards in the near future and got a call 2 hours after I sent my email... today Saturday, impressive!

PB

Yeah, I've now received the "Please sign you paperwork" email without having received the paperwork. I'm replying by email for the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, got an email back, and it's the usual Tesla miscommunication. As I expected the paperwork team is just backed up, but the people who send out the reminder notices didn't know that.

Yeah, I've now received the "Please sign you paperwork" email without having received the paperwork. I'm replying by email for the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, got an email back, and it's the usual Tesla miscommunication. As I expected the paperwork team is just backed up, but the people who send out the reminder notices didn't know that.

...I am in exactly the same situation... nice to know that I am not alone :)

Just another data point:
I would call and e-mail. Twice I've had 2+ day delays in Tesla paperwork because of mixups (typos?) in e-mail addresses. Not a complaint, just a reminder that we live in an imperfect world and, as such, it's totally reasonable to double-check that everything is progressing as it should.

I changed colors on 12/20 and called back at the end of the day 12/21 wondering where my new mvpa was. I was told the lack of response on delivering paperwork is because the administrative folks are focused on deliveries right now. When I first finalized my order the mvpa was delivered within 24 hours. They didn't tell me that before I called to make the change. I don't think they are gonna send anymore paperwork until the year is over.

NOTE that the remaining amount due is to be paid upon delivery - and that (at least for outside of California), delivery is defined as "delivered to transport" - not "delivered to owner".

I called specifically on this issue before I signed the MVPA - and was told over the phone that payment would not be required until AFTER I had received the car in Texas AND I had an opportunity to inspect the car.

Unfortunately this was a verbal exchange - so I don't have anything in writing. And after signing the MVPA (see the other thread on this), I called Tesla back - and this time I was told delivery was defined as prior to transport - not delivery to me.

Just be aware of this - because once you sign the MVPA, you forfeit your deposit if you decide to cancel.

I've been assured that before I'm asked to make the full payment, I will be provided additional paperwork that will document my rights to refuse delivery, in case the car is damaged in shipping or has a major defect, that makes it unacceptable for me to accept the car when it is delivered to me - after I've already paid Tesla the full amount.

If that happens - then things should be OK - but until I see this paperwork, I am a little skeptical - because I wasn't told the whole truth before I signed the MVPA (and committed my deposit).

Can anyone who has pre-paid their car out-of-state confirm any of this???

Slightly off topic, but does the MVPA have the "final" price on it? For example, the P85 I have under my reservation says $96,030 (price). But I expect I'll have to pay a destination fee ($990) and other things. What are the final costs vis-a-vis the design studio, and when do I find those out?

Slightly off topic, but does the MVPA have the "final" price on it? For example, the P85 I have under my reservation says $96,030 (price). But I expect I'll have to pay a destination fee ($990) and other things. What are the final costs vis-a-vis the design studio, and when do I find those out?

Yes it does have the final price to be paid to Tesla. Unfortunately for me all of my taxes were taken off my 'final' MVPA (the one with my VIN on it, they were on my pre-MVPA) and I will have to pay them when I register the car in GA. This is unfortunate because I sold my car, and am using a borrowed crappy pickup truck, but didn't need the funds except to pay my sales tax and licensing fees. So I am driving my friends truck, instead of my beloved GTI.

But the final MVPA is the document you pay Tesla off of so it will be exact.