Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New ViNs lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh please let the next batch be 60kWh VIN's! I've only got 20 more days to lock in my financing with PenFed and I'm worried that rates will be going up in 2013.

Was anybody with a 60kWh given a delivery window?If they throw those of us who were given a delivery range of 12/15-12/31 back behind the next batch I'd be more than a bit ... um... surprised. A lot of us have gone through gymnastics to be ready for an end of the year delivery that has not materialized

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If 3062 is the last ViN out for 2012, then I'm heading for a 2013 MY car. I hope the remainder of the 15-31st promise dates will get their cars in early January but I can simpathize with the low P numbered 60KW guys wanting their cars in the proper order.

Please post if anyone hears of a ViN coming out of Tesla before the end of the month as I would think that would indicate another batch release.

To be fair, I've been slowing down my update rate for the spreadsheet. I've got a lot of stuff going on right now, so I'm not checking in every few hours like I used to. It may just be me being slow :)

Engaged, fiancé moving in, Christmas and brand spanken new Tesla in your garage? I really don't see why you're not more dedicated to the cause. You should evaluate your priorities!</sarcasm> :)

If they throw those of us who were given a delivery range of 12/15-12/31 back behind the next batch I'd be more than a bit ... um... surprised. A lot of us have gone through gymnastics to be ready for an end of the year delivery that has not materialized

At this point I'm not really sure what to expect. I think they got themselves in a tough spot by inviting so many people to finalize. I know they wanted to keep the production line moving at top speed, but it sounds like they overshot, and now they have a good chunk of people like us (85kWh high res number), plus I can only imagine a good chunk of finalized 60kWh configs just waiting to go into production, many of which have substantially lower reservation numbers. How can they keep both sets of customers happy? I would say they should intermingle them, but I have no idea how they would figure out the sequencing in that case.

Personally, if I get pushed back to Feb/Mar, I think I'll understand. It'll be disappointing, for sure, but I don't feel like I can demand to be put ahead of 60kWh folks with reservations thousands ahead of me just because I went through some financial gymnastics to get ready in time for a potential Dec/Jan delivery. I'm sure not everyone would be as accepting of that though.

Personally, if I get pushed back to Feb/Mar, I think I'll understand. It'll be disappointing, for sure, but I don't feel like I can demand to be put ahead of 60kWh folks with reservations thousands ahead of me just because I went through some financial gymnastics to get ready in time for a potential Dec/Jan delivery. I'm sure not everyone would be as accepting of that though.

That's all very reasonable of you; however, you went through the financial gymnastics BECAUSE they told you you'd have everything by Dec/Jan. I certainly went through a lot I wouldn't have gone through otherwise, and now I have a bank staring at me (metaphorically) waiting on a VIN with the clock a-ticking away. Sigh.

Was anybody with a 60kWh given a delivery window?If they throw those of us who were given a delivery range of 12/15-12/31 back behind the next batch I'd be more than a bit ... um... surprised.

i am in pretty much the same situation as you, and my DS said that while they won't make the Dec 31 deadline, it should be early to mid January. we will NOT be thrown back just because we didn't get in before the 31st.