Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The long wait is finally over!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, I've got my car!

The Starbucks I stopped at for breakfast was overly busy, so I gobbled my sandwich and headed over. I arrived early - at 8:30 - and everyone was already there so we got started. So it just worked out that I got the first delivery in Canada!

Capsule summary: they showed me the car, did some paperwork, did the walk-through, took some pics, a bit more paperwork, got the snow tires installed and the plates, some more pics, and on the road! Didn't rush it but I was on the road after two hours. Met ColinB, saw Dave W, and also one other owner (non-forum). All Sig Red.

Place was full of cars! More than half were sig red. Only one silver. A few whites and a bunch of blacks scattered around. Got a picture of kbf's car, I'll pm it to you shortly.

I decided to take the more southerly 401 route due to weather, despite the higher power draw (higher speeds). So far cloudy but dry. I'm having lunch at the Cobourg Best Western, and Essie is having lunch also at the Sun Country charging station.

Food just arrived... will post some pics in a bit.

Last edited:
Haha you edited your post before I got a chance to respond that there is no way you saw my car. (unless someone decided to forfeit their deposit) :)

Okay, I've got my car!

The Starbucks I stopped at for breakfast was overly busy, so I gobbled my sandwich and headed over. I arrived early - at 8:30 - and everyone was already there so we got started. So it just worked out that I got the first delivery in Canada!

Capsule summary: they showed me the car, did some paperwork, did the walk-through, took some pics, a bit more paperwork, got the snow tires installed and the plates, some more pics, and on the road! Didn't rush it but I was on the road after two hours. Met ColinB, saw Dave W, and also one other owner (non-forum). All Sig Red.

Place was full of cars! More than half were sig red. Only one silver. A few whites and a bunch of blacks scattered around. Got a picture of kbf's car, I'll pm it to you shortly.

I decided to take the more southerly 401 route due to weather, despite the higher power draw (higher speeds). So far cloudy but dry. I'm having lunch at the Cobourg Best Western, and Essie is having lunch also at the Sun Country charging station.

Food just arrived... will post some pics in a bit.

Too many TLAs (three letter acronyms). I can't figure out how to attach directly to a PM so here's KBF's pics.
IMG_1269.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

And here is my car, plus gobs of others waiting for delivery!

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

Thanks, Doug! I really appreciate the pics. Now I can show people that my car isn't vapourware! ;) I really like the look of the 19" wheels.

So payment and paper-signing has to happen before winter tires are put on?

Man, if I was crazy enough to do the 2000 km roadtrip in the middle of "winter weather" conditions (it's snowed here the last 2 days, all heading East) I'd have my car now, too. Oh, well, patience is a virtue (I keep telling myself).