Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade In $$ for your Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any info that they'd like to share regarding trade-in offers by Tesla on their Roadster? I am waiting (now impatiently) to hear back and no word as yet. I am specifically interested in numbers for low mileage early Roadsters (MY2008).

I realize that they are busy, but Tesla would do well to hire a few more people to just assist with Customer Service and communication. My business would completely fold if we took a week or more to respond to simple emails from clients.

I had an excellent experience with their trade in service. I found the transparency that they provide about their market data to have been extremely useful in making decisions about the roadster in the face of an arriving S. My service was very prompt and useful.

My guess is that Tesla could sell the used Roadster for a bit more than could normally be found through eBay and the likes.

Possible customers come to their showroom with interest.
The company will have "checked out the car".
They are familiar with the car selling process, transfer paperwork, etc.
There would be some implied trust that they would stand behind the vehicle if something was found after the purchase.
etc.