Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel Shelf? Do you need/want it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since most all cars have shipped without the parcel shelf which will be forthcoming I'm wondering what owners feel about not having it.

Do you find you can live comfortably without the security the parcel shelf provides hiding items in the back? Are you inconvenienced by having to store items in the frunk you would normally put in back? Do you use a makeshift cover of some type to hide items in the back?

Basically, do you think the parcel shelf is as necessary as when you ordered it and how strongly would you recommend it to people configuring their cars?

For me I mostly look at the shelf as something that will make the back look more attractive. I haven't had an issue yet of hiding valuables yet. I also wonder if a small amount of noise might be hidden with the shelf in place.

Don't miss it here... if It didn't come free with the car, I wouldn't bother buying it.

It's not free with mine; is it free for Signature?

I don't have my car yet, but I anticipate it being useful when I have large item(s) that wouldn't fit in the frunk or the well. When traveling with several suitcase, I like to have them covered when we stop at a restaurant (or, I'm thinking, for charging), to shop, or whatever along the way.

Don't miss it here... if It didn't come free with the car, I wouldn't bother buying it.

It's not free for P-reservations, and I'm not ordering it. Wouldn't order it even if it was $9.95. All my previous ones from other cars has ended up in the attic stored permanently. I do not need to grow that collection further ;)

It just doesn't add any value for me. I don't leave vaulables in the car unattended, and it's just in the way when I need to load large things (which happen quite frequently).

It's not free for P-reservations, and I'm not ordering it. Wouldn't order it even if it was $9.95. All my previous ones from other cars has ended up in the attic stored permanently. I do not need to grow that collection further ;)

It just doesn't add any value for me. I don't leave vaulables in the car unattended, and it's just in the way when I need to load large things (which happen quite frequently).

+1 No question. I have the same collection dating back to the early 90's for my vehicles, AND my wife's vehicles.