Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip from OC to Solvang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're planning to take the grandkids to Solvang after the first of the year, from our home in Coto de Caza. We'll be taking the coastal route, approx. 185 mi. each way. Has anyone yet taken this route from OC or LA? If so, are there any preferred/recommended charging station locations? I should be able to make it each way easily on a single charge, and the resort in Solvang has arranged for me to have access to a 240V outlet for charging when I get there. But just in case, it would be interesting to hear from anyone else who has taken this route...

The Supercharger in Hawthorne isn't too far from the 405/110/105. Unfortunately, it's at Space-X HQ, and not near much of a commercial district. Still that's the best option for charging, by far.

After that, you're mostly looking at the various public chargers listed on Recargo.

The Supercharger in Hawthorne isn't too far from the 405/110/105. Unfortunately, it's at Space-X HQ, and not near much of a commercial district. Still that's the best option for charging, by far.

After that, you're mostly looking at the various public chargers listed on Recargo.

For other options, the map from ChadS is a very reputable source.
Here's a zoom in on that map for your route:
Tesla Highway - Google Maps