Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call for non-destructive front license plate bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
I know a number of us would like a easily removable front license plate bracket. I'm not sure if or when Tesla will get around to it but thought it might be a small business opportunity for someone with the expertise to manufacture something like that. Does anyone know someone with the skills or ability to design and sell something like this? I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by many Model S owners who would love to buy a removable front bracket. Thanks.

Hey DSM,

Has anyone tried to attach the plate bracket to the car using double sided car molding tape?

If not, I plan on trying it in about a week, I can let everyone know if it worked, or if I'm ordering a new bracket and front plate!

Peter

I should have looked at the bracket more closely but the back doesn't appear to have a large enough surface area to make it work since it is deigned to be drilled in place. It might work though.

I should have looked at the bracket more closely but the back doesn't appear to have a large enough surface area to make it work since it is deigned to be drilled in place. It might work though.

The back of the bracket really only affords three places to attach -- where the holes are drilled. Using the strong "plastic" type velcro in those three locations might give you enough sticky power to hold it in place.

Here are photos of Watt-Up's car. He shared them with me and gave permission to share. He has a very nice setup so mine will probably emulate his.

SkeneFrontLicense (1).jpg

SkeneFrontLicense (2).jpg

SkeneFrontLicense (3).jpg

SkeneFrontLicense (4).jpg