Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove 238.8 o Miles on Standard Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove from Atlanta to Anderson S.C. yesterday. It was 238.8 miles on a standard charge. I came home with 3 rated miles and 4 Projected. I drove 55 MPH the entire trip accept for the time if took to get to the highway on the way out (and back) and about 8 miles in an and around Anderson S.C.

photo.JPG

sooo .. ? the 85 kWh Model S become the 230miles Version ?

what happend to the 300 / 320 miles Version ? :confused:

Tesla has said for awhile that 300 miles was at 55mph on level ground with AC off (255 Wh/mile I believe) on a range charge. The EPA number is much more realistic. The 320 miles was with the aero wheels which were dropped before production started.

Tesla has said for awhile that 300 miles was at 55mph on level ground with AC off (255 Wh/mile I believe) on a range charge. The EPA number is much more realistic. The 320 miles was with the aero wheels which were dropped before production started.

Also, very few 19" wheels have been delivered (none of the EPA testing or magazine reviews that I've read have featured 19" wheels) and it's thought that 21" wheels will reduce range by about 5%.

No, it's bang on. 90% (standard) of 265 is 238.5. He drove 238.8. Wow, he managed an extra 0.3 miles and had some left!

We used accessories all day. We also used heating all day at a low setting. We listeded to 1/2 a recorded book. My Wife browsed the web at least 30 minutes. And we sat stopped and had a snack with heat on low as well. I drive long distances often. I hope that the battery does not degrade much over time. If it doesn't, then the range is perfect for me. I was very pleased.

Also, very few 19" wheels have been delivered (none of the EPA testing or magazine reviews that I've read have featured 19" wheels) and it's thought that 21" wheels will reduce range by about 5%.

Was there any indication that the EPA test used 21" wheels? I'd have guessed that they'd use 19" considering that's the standard outfit and the wheel size Tesla uses to promote their range.

edit: Were these your conditions, rlawson?

- 21" wheels
- 50F outside
- 55mph
- Heat on

Using Tesla's calculator predicted 250 mi on a Range charge. I'd say your numbers are pretty close to expected.

Last edited:
Was there any indication that the EPA test used 21" wheels? I'd have guessed that they'd use 19" considering that's the standard outfit and the wheel size Tesla uses to promote their range.

edit: Were these your conditions, rlawson?

- 21" wheels
- 50F outside
- 55mph
- Heat on

Using Tesla's calculator predicted 250 mi on a Range charge. I'd say your numbers are pretty close to expected.

55 MPH most of the way. 15 miles were inside the city limits of Anderson and 9-10 miles were from my house (and back) to the highway. Heat on low. We used the iPhone to stream a book all day. The web browser was used several time. The Navigation was used most of the trip. 21 inch wheels. 2 People in the car (if that makes a difference)

Hello Everybody, new here, waiting my Model S soon...

I live in Italy, and the traffic is completely different from the US, and I was wondering if anybody of you have ever tried using the model S little bit harder in traffic.
For example here on the highways we drive around 100 mph, and the traffic is fast, so you have to hang on up with the rest of it.

Any idea of the range in those conditions?? if the range is around 240miles driving at 55mph I can assume that it will be less than 50% driving at 100mph which means around 120 miles per charge in those conditions?? can it be true??
Thanks for your answers.

Hello Everybody, new here, waiting my Model S soon...

I live in Italy, and the traffic is completely different from the US, and I was wondering if anybody of you have ever tried using the model S little bit harder in traffic.
For example here on the highways we drive around 100 mph, and the traffic is fast, so you have to hang on up with the rest of it.

Any idea of the range in those conditions?? if the range is around 240miles driving at 55mph I can assume that it will be less than 50% driving at 100mph which means around 120 miles per charge in those conditions?? can it be true??
Thanks for your answers.
Welcome to the forum. In case you haven't seen it, the chart in this blog post might help you ballpark the range:
Model S Efficiency and Range | Blog | Tesla Motors

Looks like about 100mi at 100mph for the 85kWh flavor.

Welcome to the forum. In case you haven't seen it, the chart in this blog post might help you ballpark the range:
Model S Efficiency and Range | Blog | Tesla Motors

Looks like about 100mi at 100mph for the 85kWh flavor.

sorry missed it!!
thank you .

so in my real world I guess the range is around 150 miles per charge, which means 240 km that is more then my average daily use.:biggrin: