Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20 miles from home, and 10 from the office (ironically, about 0.5ml from our old office)...so not too bad. I'm undecided on the unlimited service, only on the ground of cost, but I'll probably go for it, I've got the same sort of thing with my current car (not ranger, obviously, but unlimited maintenance and towing if needed), so don't really want to downgrade.

FYI - I drove by the service center location on Welch this morning to check it out. The lobby has Tesla art on the walls and they were unpacking equipment in the service bays so its definitely in the works. Good location - not too far north for people closer in, not too far south for Plano/suburbs.

wow awesome! I had previously been frowning at the curious placement (east of 75) that the tesla site had - this is so much better. Agree with texla7544; plano perspective here. Any updates on when it will be open?

Drove through the Dallas Service Center parking lot today. Store has sign up, stickers on the doors (hours, etc.) and there were some lights on inside. It was pouring down rain, so I did not attempt to gain entry. Won't be long now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357937372.792762.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357937395.097467.jpg

Met with Jack Batson and Rick today. They are opening the service center. They have contracted a detail person to recommend for mobile detailing, which will be nice. Two lifts and an alignment machine are in. One high powered wall charger (not configured) and two or three 40AMP chargers for "while you wait" electrons. The HPWC will be next to the door, so if you are (like me) in a pinch running from downtown back up the tollway and need electrons, 15 minutes and some coffee is all you need.

Lots of Roadster tools lying around. He and Rick took a look at BadA** and saw some of the 4.1 fun I have been having (album art dropping off, window wipers auto-running when the door handles actuate.

Of note, once the Dallas, Houston and Austin centers are open (which is scheduled to be simultaneously), Ranger service will be eliminated in Texas. Yes, you heard correctly. Eliminated. So they have a featherlite to tow you (flatbed-like) from a stranded location back to your locale, should you need it. The trailer is sweet! If you are a trailer freak like me, you understand what I am saying.

They have 4000 sq feet and he (Jack) says that it is the nicest one he has been to.

Last edited:
I would wait until we confirm this with Tesla again. This would be a big changed in their service pattern to do without mentioning anything to their customers.

- and, as such, not out of character.

Again, the service manager mentioned this. I said "unless I purchase the ranger add on to my service contract, right" - he said, "no - that's why we got the featherlite trailer. we will come get you"

So perhaps there will be a program which comes to your car, but that program is completed by trailering your car back to Austin, Dallas or Houston center. I felt it was somewhat odd that this was even a discussion. I am sure this will be cleared up in the weeks to come.

Hmm. I emailed the guy in Houston too. Maybe that was for disabled cars and bigger jobs or if you didn't but the unlimited service plan. Could have something to do with the crazy dealership laws here too. Never know.

I'm definitely going to wait until we get the Ranger approach for Texas confirmed by another source, but my first instinct is that this changes everything for me. I had been planning to get the Ranger service, but towing is included along with Roadside assistance from my insurer. Suddenly the $500 extra for the Anywhere plan doesn't sound nearly as appealing.

One of the things that I was looking forward to was the personal touch in delivery and service. Not that the delivery side is Tesla's fault, but now it looks like Texas might miss out on both.