Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's the beginning of the December 15th delivery windows!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PattyChuck

Model S P100D, Model X P90D
Jan 24, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
brace yourselves.jpg

And it's day 2 of the window and I've yet to hear anything since I received my delivery confirmation email. My email to the delivery team a few days ago has gone unanswered.

Come on Tesla! I know you're super busy, but a quick response or mass mail update would be appreciated. Someone said they heard a bunch of VINs for us will be going out early this week. Fingers crossed.

What are the emotional stages of Tesla delivery again? I think I've gone through the elation, hope, doubt, and disillusionment stages.

Tesla has reached out to me via phone and email about my car. I sent them all of the requested information and they are putting together my final paperwork. I don't have a VIN yet but I was told my car is close to being done and my wait is almost over. Man this is getting really exciting.

Tesla has reached out to me via phone and email about my car. I sent them all of the requested information and they are putting together my final paperwork. I don't have a VIN yet but I was told my car is close to being done and my wait is almost over. Man this is getting really exciting.

Got my final paperwork just now, signed and sent back. I would have signed it sooner but I was catching up on posts here on TMC and didn't see it come into my inBox.(I will pause while everybody reading this checks their email... Done.)
Only a day or two late to catch the ship to Hawaii this week. Have to wait an extra week to get it. Christmas delivery would have been nice, now it looks like New Years day.

After getting an email asking for more details (e.g., method of payment, registration name), I asked for an updated delivery estimate for P6852. Here's what I was told:

'It will most likely be ready right around the end of the year, beginning of 2013, but we are working on trying to count it as “delivered” by the end of 2012 so that you can get the tax benefits. I will be in contact shortly'

I am new to the forum. May I ask you what does "P6852" means?

lol I've only been here a short time and for a little while I though 'P' was for performance and 'S' was for standard. I figured that out eventually but the one thing I still don't get is what the dates are in the fancy signatures of profiles and how they set that up. Is that some sort of estimate until the car is received?

So, how do you get a "P"? Does that mean his is in production?

P means a regular production run, NOT that you're in production. Ignoring non-US countries for a moment, there were multiple batches, so to speak, of cars. By and large, one will tend to see two of them discussed on the forum: signatures and productions. So P6852 means 6852nd person in the production batch. Because signatures were limited in number, you will increasingly only see Pxxxx going forward.

From http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showwiki.php?title=EV+Acronyms:

Sig Tesla Model S, Signature Edition
SSL Tesla Model S, Signature Edition reserved by Roadster owner or friend
R Tesla Model S, general production run reserved by Roadster owner or friend
P Tesla Model S, general Production run

So it just means that I'm an ordinary production run car, not a Signature edition or something special.

As it turns out, I got a call this morning, and the car is in production. He estimated it would be done in about a week. They have a VIN for me and they're sending out the paperwork today for me to sign.