Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my new roadster but I find the seats to be lacking in lateral support. I presume the upgraded Tesla seats have more support? What about aftermarket seats, are any of you guys using them? There has got to be something better than the original seats in a 1.5 that cost less than the upgraded Tesla seats? I don't use the seat heaters. I really don't want to give up head room either.

The v2.5 seats are way better than the v1.5s. I have a friend who owns a v1.5 and he can't stop telling me how much more comfortable my seats are everytime I give him a ride. OTOH, I don't find his seats to be noticeably uncomfortable.

Tesla will sell you v2.5 seats if you want - at least in Menlo Park they do.

From what I remember when sitting in a 2.5 with the newer seats versus my 2.0 with the original seats, the new seats, although more comfortable, are about 1" taller. So far tall drivers who already have troubles seeing traffic signals and getting in and out, the new seats might not be a good choice.

Do you have the inflatable lumbar support? If not, there's a pocket in the seat back where you can slide in a piece of foam for support.

Thanks. Yes I do have the inflatable support but what I want is more side bolstering for lateral support while cornering. I'm don't want huge bolsters because the bigger they are the harder it will make it to get in and out of the car.

I added a CG lock on my seatbelt to keep my butt and torso from shifting around in my 1.5, its highly effective when I drive California Highway 17 through the Santa Cruz hills on my daily commute. Taking that road in the Roadster is like flying an F-15 fighter jet though the mountains and canyons.

Highly recommend. It tightens the slack around the waist portion of the seat belt strap by pulling on the belt to secure or you can add more slack by flicking the leaver on the CG lock.

CG-Lock

Last edited:
I added a CG lock on my seatbelt to keep my butt and torso from shifting around in my 1.5, its highly effective when I drive California Highway 17 through the Santa Cruz mountains on my daily commute. That road in the Roadster is like taking a fighter jet though an aggressive mountain canyon in an F-15 Fighter Jet.

Highly recommend. It tightens the slack around the waist portion of the seat belt strap where you can tighten it more by pulling on the belt or loosen more slack by flicking a leaver on the CG lock.

CG-Lock

Very cool and slightly less expensive than new seats! :biggrin: