Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest milage on a Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 58,000 km (36,000 miles) on my roadster 2.0, purchased in May, 2010. No problems with the battery (original). I am now getting 285km on a standard charge, and do Range charges about 5 times per year.

I think that my roadster may have the highest mileage in Canada (but we have a small community here).

Regards,

David

I have 58,000 km (36,000 miles) on my roadster 2.0, purchased in May, 2010. No problems with the battery (original). I am now getting 285km on a standard charge, and do Range charges about 5 times per year.

I think that my roadster may have the highest mileage in Canada (but we have a small community here).

Regards,

David
I've had my Roadster 2.0 since August 2009. 32k miles. I get between 178 - 170 miles on a standard charge. I also Range charge 5-6 times a year.

At 3k miles I had a minor internal problem with the battery. Chicago area did not have the facilities to repair the battery so I got a replacement (new I think/hope).
I replaced the PEM fan at 31k aside from that no problems.

Some good data points to add:

-When your Roadster was built and hit the road
-If your roadster is a 1.5, 2.0, or 2.5, or a 2.5 sport
-Your driving and charge habits
-Has your Roadster be been sitting idle / in storage and not driven for any long period of time
-Typical ambient temps the Roadster is driven in

This should help others out and give us more insight in on the battery life and conditions.

1.5 Roadster - on the road since apr'09.
Sat for 2+ years at menlo park with 3,800 miles.

Roadster has 14,000 miles on it now running the stock AD07s still, waiting until the steel belts show on the inside rear camber to swap over to the AD08s on the back. A couple more day's left of rubber I'm thinking....

Std. mode charge: 181 miles
Range mode charge: 232 miles

I try to do thermal cool downs on the pack whenever I get the chance. Also don't do that many range mode charges. 4 since the lifetime of the car, mostly... one for curiosity and 3 done as a balancing experiment. I'll try to do 1 or 2 a year just to keep the pack happy and fully balanced. Also don't stomp on it below 40% SOC.

Last edited:
"Thermal Cooling" of the pack mean using the 220v charger to run the HVAC system on the car to cool the battery pack down. Tattler has this feature, have to do it manually on the OVMS although I believe it will be added later when there's resources and time on the project. If my battery temp is >26C I plug the Roadster into the charger, set the AMPS down to 12amps to cover the HVAC system, and allow it to run for 30+ minutes or until my target temp is reached. If its a hot summer day and the battery pack is heated above 30C I then set the charge Range mode and with the same amp setting. I'll turn on / off the charging 2-3 times. Range mode is more aggressive with the HVAC cooling. If your not plugged in I believe the HVAC system will run if the battery temp is extreme, I believe 40C+. It uses lots of energy to run hence why its not automatic for the most part when the Roadster is unplugged. For this to work on 110V I believe you need at least 20AMP at the plug or if you have 15AMPS the temps have to be above 36-38C to kick on.

I also would like to know more about thermal cool downs in particular when the car is being driven. Does the AC work to cool down the battery also while the Roadster is driven?

I also would like to know more about thermal cool downs in particular when the car is being driven. Does the AC work to cool down the battery also while the Roadster is driven?

Not much you can do while driving except drive in standard mode which cools the battery more than it does in range or perf mode. Once you stop, follow Wiztecy's directions ^^^. Charging in range mode for a few minutes at 240v (low amps) cools the battery to 17C.

54k miles
2008, 1.5; battery replaced at 20k
Commuting to NYC almost every day, scrapping it out with busses and potholes.
Standard charge to about 162 miles now, range mode to 190 less than 10/year.