Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any Teslas coming to Indiana? I found few on the Tesla Motors Forum. I have an S coming soon (P2619) and would love to know where the others will be here in Indiana. I'm guessing we have at least a few dozen in route??? I've seen one or two Roadsters over the years on Monument Circle.

Kenneth
P2619, 85kWh, grey on grey leather

Wow Connersville! Who woulda thunk it? Pretty darn close. We have an S and an X reserved here in the woods of Hamburg. About 5 miles NW of Batesville.

Wow Connersville! Who woulda thunk it? Pretty darn close. We have an S and an X reserved here in the woods of Hamburg. About 5 miles NW of Batesville.

Hi, Al. We drive right through Hamburg on the way to Oldenburg to see my wife's parents. Take Buena rd to Andersonville, then continue north about 5 miles into the hills and that's us. Great to meet you here!

Kenneth

- - - Updated - - -

I live on the south side of Indy and have reservation for an S. I put the deposit down due to the pending price increase, even though I'm not positive that the Tesla will be my next car. I'm going to test drive one in Chicago after Christmas and then decide.

I agree with Al, Carlton. Better have a fat wallet with you in Chicago. Once you drive a Tesla, you're done!

I live in Valparaiso. I've got an S coming in (hopefully) the next few weeks. My wife and my dad, both who live in Valpo, also have an X on order. There is a forum member who lives up at the lakeshore that just took delivery of a Sig. I will be the first S owner in Valpo (that I know of) but not the first in Porter County.

Although my daily commute is only 12 miles roundtrip, I ordered an 85kW. The roundtrip drive to Chicago is about 100 miles, and Indy is about 315 roundtrip. Both drives I make frequently enough to justify the bigger battery (thankfully, there are plenty of places to charge in Indy).

I have a red sig perf in South Bend, Larry has one in Indy but drives up toward NW Indiana frequently, Lafayette has one and Terra Haute has one. I hope that we all join in and have a rally in the Summer. Indy is the obvious choice. I suggest the Fashion Mall which has two chargers and plenty of parking.

Bill

I have a red sig perf in South Bend, Larry has one in Indy but drives up toward NW Indiana frequently, Lafayette has one and Terra Haute has one. I hope that we all join in and have a rally in the Summer. Indy is the obvious choice. I suggest the Fashion Mall which has two chargers and plenty of parking.

Bill

Sounds great. I'm in whether I have the car yet or not.

Dan St James of Lafayette was in the Lafayette Journal and Courier with a picture of his Roadster and Model S. The next day, today, the article was picked up by my home town paper the Frankfort Times and mentioned that Tesla reports six Model Ss delivered thus far to Indiana.

I'm in Indy, and am no stranger to car clubs.

Certainly need to hit up the Cars 'n Coffee this spring and summer. I'd be up for a Brown County drive, or covered bridge tour or the like.

I'm waiting on a Feb-Mar delivery.

Scott

My S arrives in Indianapolis on Monday!!! Not much sleep in my immediate future. Taking kids to Chicago for a weekend of museums to try and survive the wait.

Too bad no Model S yet, the Soldier Field stadium parking for the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, and Planetarium has plug-in spots. Irony of ironies, however, is that EV parking spots are not available at the Museum of Science and Industry (also ironic, cell phone coverage in that museum is abysmal).

We'll be at the Sci/Ind on Saturday. If you see a lanky tall guy with a 7-month pregnant wife and a 2-year-old girl screaming about the train set, be sure to say hello.

Also, I'm picking my car up in Chicago on Tuesday. Luckily, this week has been flying by. I can't say the same will probably happen this weekend...

We have an S that will be in Newburgh IN within a few weeks.

Our S arrived about 4 weeks ago. What a super car. We have a white 85 KW. Traveled to Louisville last Friday 250 miles round trip driving 60 MPH going to Louisville and didn't use 50 % of the 270 mile range. I had 20 MPH head windwind when returning so I reduced my return speed to 55 MPH and had 18 miles left when arriving home. Few charging stations in Louisville, some at the University of Louisville. They said that I was welcome to charge there if required.

Last edited:
Am presently getting quote from Mr Electric for my garage install, and talking with some of the people at IPL.

What have you done as far as charging and electrical service? Anyone on IPL service? Have you gotten in on their off peak charging plan? Did you have to get a separate meter?

Thanks,
Scott