Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLICE INTERCEPTOR (repost)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Forgive me if I breach protocol; I needed a place to post an image.) Repoting from TeslaMotors.com:

Police Interceptor

dstiavnicky | December 10, 2012

I recently heard from a reliable source that a handful of police departments are talking to Telsa about a specially prepared Police Interceptor Model S.
Makes perfect sense for a handful of reasons:
- a lot of time spent sitting around but doesn't waste fuel
- moves like stink when you want it to
- 3G and other smart technology built in
- huge reduction in service costs

The question is... can Telsa make a version of the car at a cost that these departments can afford?

I'm not too sure about how I feel about this as a future owner (although many sports cars and otherwise luxury makes have been used by police in the past), but I do know that I will be investing in more Tesla stock. At this rate by the time I get delivery of the car I might be able to pay it off with my profits ;)

How would you feel about Model S as a police car or possible limo / taxi in the future?

ArieK | December 12, 2012

If anyone on this forum has some time to spare and some decent Photoshop skills I would love to see a white Model S turned into a police cruiser. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a quick Italian version:
Tesla-Models-S-Police-Interceptor.jpg

(Forgive me if I breach protocol; I needed a place to post an image.) Repoting from TeslaMotors.com:

Police Interceptor

dstiavnicky | December 10, 2012

I recently heard from a reliable source that a handful of police departments are talking to Telsa about a specially prepared Police Interceptor Model S.
Makes perfect sense for a handful of reasons:
- a lot of time spent sitting around but doesn't waste fuel
- moves like stink when you want it to
- 3G and other smart technology built in
- huge reduction in service costs

The question is... can Telsa make a version of the car at a cost that these departments can afford?

I'm not too sure about how I feel about this as a future owner (although many sports cars and otherwise luxury makes have been used by police in the past), but I do know that I will be investing in more Tesla stock. At this rate by the time I get delivery of the car I might be able to pay it off with my profits ;)

How would you feel about Model S as a police car or possible limo / taxi in the future?

ArieK | December 12, 2012

If anyone on this forum has some time to spare and some decent Photoshop skills I would love to see a white Model S turned into a police cruiser. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a quick Italian version:
View attachment 12829

Not out of the question. After all Lamborghini's are occasionally used for highway patrol in Italy.

Wow I think I'd want to be pulled over just to ask the cop about this awesome car! With that said I don't think it'll happen. The price really doesn't work in my mind. I'm no expert but paying 50k for a police car probably won't go over well in this economic climate. And the biggest thing is the amount of rage Ford and GM's CEOs would have if this happened! The spend a lot on their police car R&D. Couldn't imagine but I guess maybe in a big-ish city...?

Reminds me of the Carbon Motors E7 - a fresh design on the police interceptor. I believe US built with a BMW turbo diesel 6 cylinder engine.
Specifications, Carbon Motors Corporation - Purpose Built Police Car, Police Vehicle, E7
Carbon Motors is toast now.
Cop Wont Drive Cop Car: Carbon Motors Declares Bankruptcy | The Truth About Cars

The piece was pretty funny and talked about how pricey it seemed the E7 would be. He priced out how much decking out a V8 Dodge Charger would be and added a "UFO’s worth of extra strobes hidden in the foglights, grille, and other places on the car." :D

This would be cool, but I imagine it would make more sense for a third party to modify the cars for police (perhaps with some Tesla help), unless Tesla could do this without slowing down on the path to Model X, Gen III and beyond when it comes to the consumer products.