Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will the number of Model S on the road exceed Roadsters?

Blog Entries

When will the number of Model S on the road exceed Roadsters?

We must be close to Model S drivers outnumbering Roadster drivers. Approx 2400 Roadsters delivered .... anyone want to take a guess as to when Model S is the dominant Tesla vehicle on the road?
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    We must be close to Model S drivers outnumbering Roadster drivers. Approx 2400 Roadsters delivered .... anyone want to take a guess as to when Model S is the dominant Tesla vehicle on the road?
    I was thinking about that the other day. What was the delivery target for 2012? 3k? I imagine Model S > Roadster sometime this month. Dec 24th is my WAG.
    2013 Tesla Model S P85: 12.417 @ 111.570 MPH

Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

RRRRRight about now................mark....
    Tesla Roadster #1137 / Tesla Model S Sig # 2120 / P85D on order
    Please be advised that my comments are intended for use in this, the Tesla Motors Club forum (TMC forum), and may not be used in whole or in part by any party outside of the TMC forum without my expressed written consent.

Giving it more thought I'd say it already is the dominant vehicle on the road in the US.

Many of the 2400 were sold in Europe/Canada/Asia, and some are garage queens. With >1500 on the road already in the US it is likely the dominant vehicle already.

As of Dec 23rd, Model S will be the dominant Tesla on the road in Canada as well.

Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

P445 / VIN 1794 ClearwaterBchSteve's Avatar
    It's gotta be soon - there are Model S VINSs > 2400. The deliveries happening now seem to be in the VIN ranges of 15nn - 18nn so it's likely a couple of weeks until Model S's take over the road.
    Metallic Silver P85 Reserved: 3/28/2009, Delivered: 12/21/2012 (1355 days) C.H.A.R.G.E.D.
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Treasurer & Co-Founder)

Will we have a month soon where the Model S "outsells" the Nissan Leaf or Chevy Volt?
    ~1600 might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by richkae View Post
    Will we have a month soon where the Model S "outsells" the Nissan Leaf or Chevy Volt?
    ~1600 might do it.
    You bet. If it doesn't happen this month, January/Feb is a sure bet. (Especially since typical auto sales would lag in those months and Tesla will be pushing out cars at full speed).

Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richkae View Post
    ~1600 might do it.
    That would be a great headline: "Tesla's $100K electric car outsells all others in December!"

But since TM doesn't release sales numbers we may never have a public figure to coo over.

Quote Originally Posted by Discoducky View Post
    But since TM doesn't release sales numbers we may never have a public figure to coo over.
    I have a feeling they might once their factory is producing cars at a 'stable' rate. It would not be good information to release during startup or building cars by hand. But it is something I feel they will start to do once they get their production all streamlined (maybe Q2 of 2013)

Think with dispassion; Speak with equanimity; Act in calm.
    Moderator - Southeast, Future Cars, TMC Connect, Off Topic
    Do not use this material outside of Tesla Motors Club without attribution and permission.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mnx View Post
    Giving it more thought I'd say it already is the dominant vehicle on the road in the US.

Many of the 2400 were sold in Europe/Canada/Asia, and some are garage queens. With >1500 on the road already in the US it is likely the dominant vehicle already.

As of Dec 23rd, Model S will be the dominant Tesla on the road in Canada as well.
    Ohhhhh you. Always there with the facts.

(+1, I'll bet you're right.)
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information