Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So when do pick service plan etc.?

Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

So when do pick service plan etc.?

Hi all,

I took delivery about a couple of days ago at Fremont. One thing that was never mentioned (and I forgot to bring it up) was options of prepaying service, extending warranty, and prepaying battery replacement. Has anyone else who have taken delivery done this? If so, what was the process?

Model S Sig Perf, VIN 586
    Got mine Oct 31. No idea. Interested in same info.

Got my S today and I asked. They said that they are not ready to sell these 3 items yet. They will email when they are available.

So what is everyone inclined to do? I am on the fence about these items.

Will definitely prepay for service since I would pay for it anyway and there's a clear discount. I hope that we don't have to buy the extended warranty until the original warranty is close to ending, but will probably do it if needed. For me these two items are almost necessities given that we don't have a track record for mass produced Tesla's yet. Wouldn't buy an extended warranty on a car from a more establish manufacturer, but being an early adopter has risks and I see this as a reasonable way to mitigate those risks.

I'll pass on the battery replacement. I just won't have that much to spend after everything else. I am interested to see how that offer is written though regarding upgrades.
    P3,339: 60 kWh, blue/gray/lacewood, 19 inch wheels, tech package, sound package, air suspension
    Delivered: February 8, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Will definitely prepay for service since I would pay for it anyway and there's a clear discount. I hope that we don't have to buy the extended warranty until the original warranty is close to ending, but will probably do it if needed. For me these two items are almost necessities given that we don't have a track record for mass produced Tesla's yet. Wouldn't buy an extended warranty on a car from a more establish manufacturer, but being an early adopter has risks and I see this as a reasonable way to mitigate those risks.

I'll pass on the battery replacement. I just won't have that much to spend after everything else. I am interested to see how that offer is written though regarding upgrades.
    I concur.
    Tesla Model S Signature Performance delivered on 10/31/12
    Signature Red | White Leather | Carbon Fiber | Panoramic Roof | 21" Grey Wheels| Rear Spoiler

P#3867

Pretty much word for word how i intend to approach this

It's about THIS car. Al Sherman's Avatar

Me too. With the exception of the Battery Replacement thing has some incredible language about guaranteeing upgrades at a fixed cost, which I'm not expecting.
    Al Sherman Model S/P14,835 Model X/P1950 (for the wife)
    Retired Aviator VIN: 6283 Delivery 3/12/13

+1

My sentiments exactly. I will definitely be getting the pre-paid service plan with unlimited ranger service (since that's the only way I'll be able to service the car), and am strongly inclined to get the extended warranty but NOT if I have to pay for it up front. I get that Tesla probably needs the operating capital, but after shelling out DAMN NEAR $100,000 ON A CAR (which i still can't believe I'm about to do) I need to let the bank account recover a bit before extra expenses.

Tesla, please, please, please make the new extended warranty option something you can purchase any time before the original warranty runs out. My bank account and my ability to give you even more of my hard-earned money will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
    I concur.
    Me three, I think. I'm not 100% sure on the battery, but will probably just get the other items and skip that.

And let me be the first to say that I'm in no rush for Tesla to start accepting money for these things. If they could wait till about March or so when I do my taxes and get my refund, I'd be ever so grateful.

Thread Information