Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So when do pick service plan etc.?

I will also be taking the discounted service plan, probably including the extended plan, but not the battery plan.

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lau View Post
    Got my S today and I asked. They said that they are not ready to sell these 3 items yet. They will email when they are available.
    So I guess Ranger service is free for now, then?

Definitely signing up for the "anywhere" service plan given that I will always be using Ranger service. It's a great deal!

I didn't do the battery replacement plan for the Roadster, and I don't intend to do it on the Model S.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Items for Sale
    Ditto...

Quote Originally Posted by kendallpb View Post
    Me three, I think. I'm not 100% sure on the battery, but will probably just get the other items and skip that.

And let me be the first to say that I'm in no rush for Tesla to start accepting money for these things. If they could wait till about March or so when I do my taxes and get my refund, I'd be ever so grateful.
    Member Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club

I will definitely buy extra insurance (which is what these items are if you think about it). I'm wondering when they will offer upgraded computer systems....everything in the car seems to have potential for upgrades.
    -J
    S 1125

Model S: P4909
    Quote Originally Posted by highfalutintodd View Post
    +1

My sentiments exactly. I will definitely be getting the pre-paid service plan with unlimited ranger service (since that's the only way I'll be able to service the car), and am strongly inclined to get the extended warranty but NOT if I have to pay for it up front. I get that Tesla probably needs the operating capital, but after shelling out DAMN NEAR $100,000 ON A CAR (which i still can't believe I'm about to do) I need to let the bank account recover a bit before extra expenses.

Tesla, please, please, please make the new extended warranty option something you can purchase any time before the original warranty runs out. My bank account and my ability to give you even more of my hard-earned money will thank you.
    I strongly agree with you and SteveH. Most car manufacturers allow consumers to purchase extended warranties anytime before the original warranty expires. From a financial/cash planning standpoint, it does concern me that we do not know the answer to this question before we take delivery of our vehicles.
    85kWh non-perf, black, black leather, obeche glossy, air suspension, tech, sound, parcel shelf

Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12
    Thought I would prepay at least four years of service, but living in Silicon Valley I don't think rangers will be necessary.

Definitely extending the warranty too *cough doorhandles cough*.

Prepay new battery... nah... too soon.

Wonder if the warranty covers my run-in with my garage door

P6316
    Quote Originally Posted by Trnsl8r View Post
    Hi all,

I took delivery about a couple of days ago at Fremont. One thing that was never mentioned (and I forgot to bring it up) was options of prepaying service, extending warranty, and prepaying battery replacement. Has anyone else who have taken delivery done this? If so, what was the process?
    Official word is here on the official forums:

How and when will I be able to order the Pre-Paid four-year Model S Service Plan? | Forums | Tesla Motors

You will have the ability to order this option through your My Tesla account at Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors. We plan to make this option available to purchase in December. We will send an “update email” to everyone when this option becomes available for purchase through My Tesla. If you have already taken delivery of your Model S when we send out the update email, you will have 30 days to sign up for the pre-paid option if you would like to do so. If you have not received your Model S when this email goes out, you will have 30 days after taking delivery to sign up if you choose to.
    John Griswell
    60 kWh Model S Production - Vin P04018

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    I seem to be with the majority here:
    - Buy 4-year maintenance
    - Buy 4-year Ranger coverage. Yes, I live only 10 miles from the SC, but $100/year bucks never to step inside a car service center again? That's a "bahgahn" (as we'd say around here). Plus, what if I'm traveling, or up in my summer place in Maine? Bahgahn.
    - Plan to buy extended warranty and maintenance (presumably four years from now)
    - Not buy the battery replacement. I'm an optimist that battery technology will move along enough that, in 8 years, $12k invested today will be worth more than a replacement battery net of the residual value of my 85kWh pack.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    I seem to be with the majority here:
    - Buy 4-year maintenance
    - Buy 4-year Ranger coverage. Yes, I live only 10 miles from the SC, but $100/year bucks never to step inside a car service center again? That's a "bahgahn" (as we'd say around here). Plus, what if I'm traveling, or up in my summer place in Maine? Bahgahn.
    - Plan to buy extended warranty and maintenance (presumably four years from now)
    - Not buy the battery replacement. I'm an optimist that battery technology will move along enough that, in 8 years, $12k invested today will be worth more than a replacement battery net of the residual value of my 85kWh pack.
    That's exactly my plan as well.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information