Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delivery at store or service center?

Delivery at store or service center?

Has anyone taken or plan to take delivery at their local store or service center? Whenever I finalize and take delivery, I would probably want to do that since my schedule is so unpredictable. I'd rather be able to just go to the store or service center on a Saturday and pick it up.
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Has anyone taken or plan to take delivery at their local store or service center? Whenever I finalize and take delivery, I would probably want to do that since my schedule is so unpredictable. I'd rather be able to just go to the store or service center on a Saturday and pick it up.
    I checked this option, but because of the weird way Tesla's handling these earlier-than-anticipated deliveries (the "want your car in December?" bunch), and them being overworked . . . they won't do that for me. Instead I have to (and did) suggest a place for me to have the car delivered (my house isn't practical for an 18-wheeler, methinks). Never mind that I can be at the store with half an hour's notice, 24/7. Oh well.

Sorry, I know you're asking the reverse (I did plan on a store delivery...). I'm curious if any other "December surprise" people are able to take delivery at the store, though!

Banned
    Which one is free? lmao

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, IL
    I will be taking delivery at the service center - I was.told that it saves some time.

Blog Entries
    Delivery at the service center could easily get you the car a week earlier.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Model S: P4909
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    I recently heard the same from a delivery rep, so I called Tesla yesterday and switched my delivery preference to the Santa Monica service center after initially responding online that I wanted to take delivery at my home. Hope that does in fact increase the likelihood that I will take delivery earlier in my 12/15-12/31 window.
    85kWh non-perf, black, black leather, obeche glossy, air suspension, tech, sound, parcel shelf

It looks like TM is making every effort to make sure that its customers get their car sooner than expected.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Except where it's illegal... in MA, TX, and other states where Tesla isn't a licensed dealer, you have to take delivery somewhere other than a Tesla facility.

From what I see here on the Mid-Atlantic (Philly area) it looks like all the cars are being delivered direct to homes from the factory. Mine is on a truck headed for my house now and due to the year end crunch my DS will likely not be able to be here for arrival. She said they are setting up virtual delivery support for all of us directs with no DS
    Present. I really must say that my DS (Jamee) has been outstanding!! Even though she is running flat out 7 days a week she is still on top of things and always upbeat.

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

...if allowed. They don't appear to be letting me do this. ;-(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teslasguy View Post
    From what I see here on the Mid-Atlantic (Philly area) it looks like all the cars are being delivered direct to homes from the factory. Mine is on a truck headed for my house now and due to the year end crunch my DS will likely not be able to be here for arrival. She said they are setting up virtual delivery support for all of us directs with no DS
    Present. I really must say that my DS (Jamee) has been outstanding!! Even though she is running flat out 7 days a week she is still on top of things and always upbeat.
    Good to hear I'm not the only one in this situation, but I'm curious, are you really talking to your DS? My only contact is someone in California. I guess maybe he's my DS (never was told that) but I figured he was more of a pre-delivery coordinator since he isn't even on the East Coast, thus won't be there for my delivery and won't be the person who eventually gives me any in-person walkthrough. Maybe DS doesn't mean what I thought, though.

Thread Information