Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delivery Event confirmed!

Thanks tremendously Doug. I didn't know that Cobourg had a 70A charger. Makes my worry level almost disappear.

I think I'll be doing the Peterborough route though because I've always liked the drive and it's nice country side. Did I need to call the hotel in advance to make arrangements?

Blog Entries
    Probably not but it never hurts to be polite.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthonos View Post
    Are these exclusive events, or are other reservation holders allowed to attend? Has anyone asked?
    I live about 4 miles from the Toronto Service Center, so if not, there'll be at least 1 Production reservation holder lurking in the bushes

Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    I live about 4 miles from the Toronto Service Center, so if not, there'll be at least 1 Production reservation holder lurking in the bushes
    I plan to scope out the montreal party as well ... hopefully they'll take pity on me and invite me in when they see me hanging around outside kicking chunks of ice.
    Canadian Model S - P98 - VIN 5297: 85kWh, Dolphin Grey, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio+, Air, 19", Pano, Twin, Parcel
    Reservation made November, 2010
    Brought home March, 2013

I will be at the Vancouver event picking up my car. Depending on the day, I may have a few hours to kill while I wait a ferry back to Victoria. If I have the time, I would be happy to demo the car to any prod reservation holders who aren't at the event.

Blog Entries
    I called the 877 number on the confirmation web page and asked them to specifically put me into a delivery event for the first available day in Vancouver. He was happy to do that.

I asked him to forward me the email invitation, which he said he would do, but still nothing.

@Shorty or @ElectricFarmBoy, could you please paste the contents of the email here, so I have some idea what they are saying about dates, etc.

Another res holder in Vancouver is keeping an eye on the Service Centre, and will let us know if there is any activity there with cars arriving.
    "Constraints are gifts to creative people."Roadster 2.0 #905 | Model S Signature Performance #2001 | Model S 85D on order for Feb(?) deliveryPLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries
    Just got a call from Jon... I was able to get in on the first available delivery slot!!! (Am I a keener or what?) Picking up at Tesla service in Mississauga and doing my very first road trip to bring her home. Next Thursday at 9 am I get to meet Essie!!!

Blog Entries
    Congrats, Doug! I am trying to accomplish the same feat here in Vancouver. Just left voicemail for Hans to that effect.
    "Constraints are gifts to creative people."Roadster 2.0 #905 | Model S Signature Performance #2001 | Model S 85D on order for Feb(?) deliveryPLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Just got a call from Jon... I was able to get in on the first available delivery slot!!! (Am I a keener or what?) Picking up at Tesla service in Mississauga and doing my very first road trip to bring her home. Next Thursday at 9 am I get to meet Essie!!!
    A quick Google Maps search looks like that'll be about a 270 mile / 440 km trip. Think you can do it on a single charge?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    A quick Google Maps search looks like that'll be about a 270 mile / 440 km trip. Think you can do it on a single charge?
    My planned route from Tranmere Drive to my house is 404 km (253 miles). In the summer I could easily do that nonstop, and I'm sure it's possible in the winter... but I'm going to stop for lunch and top up.

Thread Information