Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: "Finalize" concerns

  1. #11
    Senior Member kevincwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,727
    It's an interesting dilemma.

    I want my Model S, but not until April or May. (February or March just would not be my ideal time in the Chicago area.) Yet, I have to finalize before December 31st or else be subject to the price increase.

    This truly is a first world problem. But, I don't like it!
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE | DELIVERY - 02/16/2013

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    It's an interesting dilemma.

    I want my Model S, but not until April or May. (February or March just would not be my ideal time in the Chicago area.) Yet, I have to finalize before December 31st or else be subject to the price increase.

    This truly is a first world problem. But, I don't like it!
    You only have to reserve before 12-31, not finalize. Or did I miss something?
    VIN 44XX
    85kwh, blue, 19", non-pano, black leather w/Obeche gloss, child seats

  3. #13
    Senior Member kevincwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds On View Post
    You only have to reserve before 12-31, not finalize. Or did I miss something?
    Possibly.

    If you have a reservation and were invited to finalize, you were given a set time frame to finalize before the price would increase. In my case, the email I received stated a Dec 31 deadline to finalize.

    Sent via Tapatalk.
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE | DELIVERY - 02/16/2013

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    98
    i am confused on this as well. I got my invite to finalize back in August, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Then on 11/29/12 got an email about the price increase with the following verbiage:

    "You have already received your Invitation to Configure, so you can finalize your order at any time. In about a month or two, you will receive a "second invitation" that will begin a new three-week timeline"

    I understood that to mean that in Jan/Feb I'd get the second invite with a 3-week deadline, potentially extending the ultimate deadline into March some time. Am I missing something and need to finalize by 12/31/12 now?

  5. #15
    S P3112 ~ X P6117 mulder1231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Menlo Park, CA
    Posts
    835
    It could very well be that there is quite a large percentage of 40 and 60kWh pack reservation holders. What if its over 50%? That would explain something. We've been hearing from a lot of people here on this board about their Sigs and the Performance cars, just because they happen to be out first. It may have created an impression of high percentage of 85kWh packs, but nobody knows the real breakdown.

    Also, with the excellent 208 miles EPA rating in for the 60 kWh pack, I expect the mix to change in favor of the lower packs.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    867
    definitely a first world problem and a good sign that things are humming along at the factory but I have to admit that we plan to pay cash with minimal if any loan and liquidating that kind of cash takes time and planning. When I ordered in July, I was told it would be about a year which was plenty of time to liquidate some real estate. With this invitation to finalize email, it sure feels like it could be Feb/March or, if I went P85, maybe sooner and that is a little nerve wracking. I'm sure for Tesla it is/was all very hard to predict the time it would take from reservation to deliver and yet for those of us having to liquidate assets to take delivery, and having delivery estimates bounce around, it's a challenge with the prospects of loosing one's down payment if the ducks don't fall together in a row fast enough to take delivery. with a purchase this large, predictability of timing is important for the customer. we are hesitant to sign on the dotted line if that means the delivery will happen before we are truly ready, as much as we want the car ASAP.
    Region: Seattle area (US)
    P85+, metalic grey, black interior, carbon fiber accents, sound, full Xpell Ultimate wrap, Alloygators...
    Solar Powered

  7. #17
    What concerns me is, that Tesla has already taken orders from 10000+ U.S. reservation holders, and that we European reservation holders don't even have pricing yet. If Tesla plans on fulfilling all those 10000+ U.S. orders, before they start to deliver cars to Europe the March/April target for first EU cars is impossible to reach at current production rates.

  8. #18
    S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,019
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    It's an interesting dilemma.

    I want my Model S, but not until April or May. (February or March just would not be my ideal time in the Chicago area.) Yet, I have to finalize before December 31st or else be subject to the price increase.

    This truly is a first world problem. But, I don't like it!
    If you switch colour to red you won't get it till April or May. I'm in the same boat you are, and I really don't want a red car.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    If you switch colour to red you won't get it till April or May. I'm in the same boat you are, and I really don't want a red car.
    Switch back later?

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by heems View Post
    i am confused on this as well. I got my invite to finalize back in August, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Then on 11/29/12 got an email about the price increase with the following verbiage:

    "You have already received your Invitation to Configure, so you can finalize your order at any time. In about a month or two, you will receive a "second invitation" that will begin a new three-week timeline"

    I understood that to mean that in Jan/Feb I'd get the second invite with a 3-week deadline, potentially extending the ultimate deadline into March some time. Am I missing something and need to finalize by 12/31/12 now?
    That's how it reads; I think you've got it right. Three weeks instead of four sounds like the "last chance" delay option.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Latest "Finalize your order" date
    By joefee in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 2368
    Last Post: 2014-05-20, 08:24 AM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 2013-09-09, 10:04 PM
  3. Looks like Tesla has approved my desired post "Finalize" change from blue to red
    By artsci in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2012-12-12, 08:05 AM
  4. Email to finalize but "no" red.
    By sp4rk in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2012-11-29, 03:20 PM
  5. Finger poised over the "Finalize" Button!
    By GasDoc in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2012-11-27, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •