Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who have you converted and from what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
So I gave a test ride to a co-worker. Immediately he contacted his wife and told her he was selling his AMG63. Once he places the order, I will suggest this site to him.

Therefore, and until he commits, this is just a "potential" conversion - and I ask if anyone has converted a friend and if so, what did s/he drive prior to the planned conversion?

So I gave a test ride to a co-worker. Immediately he contacted his wife and told her he was selling his AMG63. Once he places the order, I will suggest this site to him.

Therefore, and until he commits, this is just a "potential" conversion - and I ask if anyone has converted a friend and if so, what did s/he drive prior to the planned conversion?

Well, my story wasn't that I was "converted" by anyone, I kinda stumbled upon Tesla Motors last year when my Murano died and I was car shopping. But I didn't have the luxury of time to wait until I could get a model S. I ended up getting a Range Rover Evoque in January. However, once this past summer rolled around and Tesla started delivering cars, and I was getting crappy 20mpg on my Evoque and paying $600/month for premium fuel gas I got frustrated. I didn't put too much down on the Evoque and my car payment was $937 plus another $600/month in gas for 6 months. All of the sudden I really lucked out and there was a major problem with my Evoque and was able to have it lemoned since they couldn't fix it. A few weeks later I am reservation hold #13306! Playing musical cars with my family for the next few months until I get my Model S!!

I'm having trouble convincing people without having the car. I also don't know many people who can afford the Model S. I think when a smaller sedan and/or a smaller SUV that are sub 40k and 300 miles come out the sales will take off like a wildfire.