Thread: Who have you converted and from what?

Who have you converted and from what?

So I gave a test ride to a co-worker. Immediately he contacted his wife and told her he was selling his AMG63. Once he places the order, I will suggest this site to him.

Therefore, and until he commits, this is just a "potential" conversion - and I ask if anyone has converted a friend and if so, what did s/he drive prior to the planned conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    So I gave a test ride to a co-worker. Immediately he contacted his wife and told her he was selling his AMG63. Once he places the order, I will suggest this site to him.

Therefore, and until he commits, this is just a "potential" conversion - and I ask if anyone has converted a friend and if so, what did s/he drive prior to the planned conversion?
    Well, my story wasn't that I was "converted" by anyone, I kinda stumbled upon Tesla Motors last year when my Murano died and I was car shopping. But I didn't have the luxury of time to wait until I could get a model S. I ended up getting a Range Rover Evoque in January. However, once this past summer rolled around and Tesla started delivering cars, and I was getting crappy 20mpg on my Evoque and paying $600/month for premium fuel gas I got frustrated. I didn't put too much down on the Evoque and my car payment was $937 plus another $600/month in gas for 6 months. All of the sudden I really lucked out and there was a major problem with my Evoque and was able to have it lemoned since they couldn't fix it. A few weeks later I am reservation hold #13306! Playing musical cars with my family for the next few months until I get my Model S!!
    P85. VIN05837. Mileage (05/13/14): 48,000mi, Black | Tan Leather | Perf Seats | Obeche Glossy | Pano | Tech | Sound Studio | Air | Spoiler | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers | HPWC | Fog | Extended Trim | Alcantara | Premium Lighting, Aftermkt: XPEL | 40/20% Tint | Lighted T | 19" Tsportline TST Grey Turbines | 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3

When life gives you lemons, get a Tesla?

It's about THIS car. Al Sherman's Avatar
    I'm having trouble convincing people without having the car. I also don't know many people who can afford the Model S. I think when a smaller sedan and/or a smaller SUV that are sub 40k and 300 miles come out the sales will take off like a wildfire.
    Al Sherman Model S/P14,835 Model X/P1950 (for the wife)
    Retired Aviator VIN: 6283 Delivery 3/12/13

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

I am going from a BMW M5 (5.0L v10) to the 85kwh non performance.

Thread Information