Thread: Who have you converted and from what?

Who have you converted and from what?

So I gave a test ride to a co-worker. Immediately he contacted his wife and told her he was selling his AMG63. Once he places the order, I will suggest this site to him.

Therefore, and until he commits, this is just a "potential" conversion - and I ask if anyone has converted a friend and if so, what did s/he drive prior to the planned conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    So I gave a test ride to a co-worker. Immediately he contacted his wife and told her he was selling his AMG63. Once he places the order, I will suggest this site to him.

Therefore, and until he commits, this is just a "potential" conversion - and I ask if anyone has converted a friend and if so, what did s/he drive prior to the planned conversion?
    Well, my story wasn't that I was "converted" by anyone, I kinda stumbled upon Tesla Motors last year when my Murano died and I was car shopping. But I didn't have the luxury of time to wait until I could get a model S. I ended up getting a Range Rover Evoque in January. However, once this past summer rolled around and Tesla started delivering cars, and I was getting crappy 20mpg on my Evoque and paying $600/month for premium fuel gas I got frustrated. I didn't put too much down on the Evoque and my car payment was $937 plus another $600/month in gas for 6 months. All of the sudden I really lucked out and there was a major problem with my Evoque and was able to have it lemoned since they couldn't fix it. A few weeks later I am reservation hold #13306! Playing musical cars with my family for the next few months until I get my Model S!!
    P85. VIN05837. Mileage (04/11/14): 44,500mi , Black | Tan Leather | Perf Seats | Obeche Glossy | 19" std rims | Goodyear | Pano | Tech | Sound Studio | Air Susp | Spoiler | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers | HPWC | Fog | Extended Trim | Alcantara | Premium Lighting, Aftermarket: XPEL Ultimate PPF | 3M Crystalline 40% | Madico Charcool 20%

When life gives you lemons, get a Tesla?

It's about THIS car. Al Sherman's Avatar
    I'm having trouble convincing people without having the car. I also don't know many people who can afford the Model S. I think when a smaller sedan and/or a smaller SUV that are sub 40k and 300 miles come out the sales will take off like a wildfire.
    Al Sherman Model S/P14,835 Model X/P1950 (for the wife)
    Retired Aviator VIN: 6283 Delivery 3/12/13

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.9 (1.51.94), 22,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

I am going from a BMW M5 (5.0L v10) to the 85kwh non performance.

Thread Information