Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt buckle type?

Belt buckle type?

Does anyone here know if the belt buckles in the Model S are A, B, or something else?

I need to buy some extenders for the back seats to go around my booster seats for the kids. I tried other seats to see if they fit in there, and nothing really fits well, so extensions it is!

Quote Originally Posted by ddenboer View Post
    Does anyone here know if the belt buckles in the Model S are A, B, or something else?
    I need to buy some extenders for the back seats to go around my booster seats for the kids. I tried other seats to see if they fit in there, and nothing really fits well, so extensions it is!
    I'm not familiar with the various types but I was curious so I went searching anyway.

From the Decoding VIN thread, we know the Model S has "Manual Type 2 USA seat belts."

I'm guess that maybe this line up with Amazon's labelling...
    Amazon.com: Seat Belt Extender - Type 2 - Black 8 - Clicks Right In: Everything Else
    ... but I don't really know.

Hopefully helpful, perhaps not.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

I ordered this one and it works perfectly... Welcome to the More of Me to Love Store

Item Sku Qty
    Car Seat Belt Extender: Classic Click & Go
    Color
    Black
    Type (See 3 Simple Steps to Choose the Right Type)
    Type A (7/8" or 22 mm)
    Length
    7" (18 cm)
    410675A7bl 1
    Hello, I'm Sig 957!
    VIN 748

This looks interesting too, a rigid extender so the kids can more easily buckle themselves.
    Just need to make sure it isn't too long, where the buckle ends up higher than the kids legs.

http://store.moreofmetolove.com/seat...-extender.html
    Model S 60kWh, Catalina white, white roof, tan, obeche gloss, tech, 19", air suspension, twin chargers, supercharger access, rear jump seats, parcel shelf. VIN 3606

yeah I was thinking this: 8 cm Mini Car Seat Belt Extender - Black - Type A (22mm wide metal tongue) - Clicks Right In Garden
    I don't have a Model S yet to know if that would be the right height though...
    2013 Tesla Model S P85: 12.417 @ 111.570 MPH

Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

So is the issue more that the buckles are sunken in and need a rigid extension so that the kids can reach it more easily, or that the booster seats are too wide and cover the buckles, and you need one of the flexible extensions that allow for the extra width?
    Model S 60kWh, Catalina white, white roof, tan, obeche gloss, tech, 19", air suspension, twin chargers, supercharger access, rear jump seats, parcel shelf. VIN 3606

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    For me it's actually both. Getting hands between multiple seats is a PITA, but that's only because the curved nature of the sides of the seats are interfering with boosters. A rigid one that flexes slightly would be perfect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    For me it's actually both. Getting hands between multiple seats is a PITA, but that's only because the curved nature of the sides of the seats are interfering with boosters. A rigid one that flexes slightly would be perfect to me.
    Anybody put 3 car seats (or boosters) side-by-side-by-side in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by rick325 View Post
    Anybody put 3 car seats (or boosters) side-by-side-by-side in the back?
    I have. See this post: Has anyone that ordered the optional jump seats had their car delivered? - Page 7

Model S Sig Perf. VIN2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipernicus View Post
    So is the issue more that the buckles are sunken in and need a rigid extension so that the kids can reach it more easily, or that the booster seats are too wide and cover the buckles, and you need one of the flexible extensions that allow for the extra width?
    It's the former, at least for me. For a picture of a seat belt extender installed in the Tesla along with a booster seat see http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/for...sionsextenders

Thread Information