Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Announcing the St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts Group.

Come check us out.

Saint Louis Tesla Enthusiasts (Saint Louis, MO) - Meetup
Although I'm not from STL, and I have no (financial) interest in meetup, thanks for creating another group within their "scope".

You're not listed there yet (likely not cached) ... but it'll be great, months from now, when meetup lights up with 50+ Tesla Owner groups.

(I am with Northern Illinois Tesla Owners Meetup)

Although I'm not from STL, and I have no (financial) interest in meetup, thanks for creating another group within their "scope".

You're not listed there yet (likely not cached) ... but it'll be great, months from now, when meetup lights up with 50+ Tesla Owner groups.

(I am with Northern Illinois Tesla Owners Meetup)

Yes. It is really great to watch the Tesla wave spread across America.

- - - Updated - - -

Signed up as well. Thanks for setting this up Liz.

Glad too. Though I can't take all the credit. FlasherZ and his wife were kind enough to put the Meet up page together for the group.

Has anyone in STL ordered the Model S without the Pano roof? I'd really like to test out the head room in the back. I'm reconsidering the pano roof because of concerns of it making the interior cold in the winter and requiring more energy for heating.

Last edited:
Leo has been out at my house the last couple of days tracking down and fixing the problems with my car. I brought up the group, and he has said he'd be happy to join and spend some time with us!

Some of the service items on my car:

My GPS is fixed, but only temporarily -- the GPS antenna and its connector are located underneath the liftgate glass (which must be removed to check). Leo disconnected the antenna in the front of the car and plugged a new one in, and the car then properly found its location after a reboot of both the instrument cluster and center console. This means that either the wiring harness to the rear has a bad wire or connector, or the antenna under the glass is unplugged or defective. Temporarily, the new antenna has been located up front in the car but will be moved when the wheels' curb rash is repaired, and a new tire is mounted.

My TPMS was reprogrammed after we replaced two bad TPMS sensors in the wheels. Their scanning tool could only pick it up every 3rd or 4th time. The wheels were removed and taken to Dobbs, where tires were unmounted, the sensors were installed, and the tires remounted. Leo also pointed out a small cut in the sidewall of my tire generated by a curb rub -- so now I'll be replacing a tire already -- GRR! I saw how the Tesla multi-tool operated -- I'm hoping that at some point a software feature will exist that will allow the car to auto-learn TPMS sensors rather than requiring the programming tool which will make it easy to switch between winter and summer tires.

Leo's just getting started in the area -- but I was really impressed with his experience. I learned a lot about the car I'm driving and we have a great guy who will be looking after us here!

Has anyone in STL ordered the Model S without the Pano roof? I'd really like to test out the head room in the back.

My husband and I test drove a Performance S up in Oakbrook (Chicago) last month. No pano roof. Husband is 6'2" and he said he had no head room issues (or leg room). I have seen different reports here on the forums, but are experience was that it was fine for us. I sat in the back as well, but since I am short, that's never an issue. I am debating myself about the roof. I love the look of it, but in all honesty, I never use the sunroof on my current car; so I don't know if it really is worth the extra $ for me.

My husband and I test drove a Performance S up in Oakbrook (Chicago) last month. No pano roof. Husband is 6'2" and he said he had no head room issues (or leg room). I have seen different reports here on the forums, but are experience was that it was fine for us. I sat in the back as well, but since I am short, that's never an issue. I am debating myself about the roof. I love the look of it, but in all honesty, I never use the sunroof on my current car; so I don't know if it really is worth the extra $ for me.

Did they change the headliner at some point? I seem to recall that someone 6'0" was hitting the roof. If it was OK for 6'2", not getting the pano roof may actually be an option.
My wife uses the sunroof in our current car much more than I do. I do prefer opening it instead of the windows, but I still don't feel that I use it enough. The open feeling in a car with a sunroof is nice too, but I still have a hard time deciding.

Did they change the headliner at some point? I seem to recall that someone 6'0" was hitting the roof. If it was OK for 6'2", not getting the pano roof may actually be an option.
My wife uses the sunroof in our current car much more than I do. I do prefer opening it instead of the windows, but I still don't feel that I use it enough. The open feeling in a car with a sunroof is nice too, but I still have a hard time deciding.

I also recall reading about headroom complaints as well, but I double checked with husband and he said it was fine. I, however, can not speak to whether or not Tesla has made any changes to the headliner and what the test drive vehicle represents in comparison to what is in production. Sorry.

Have you been invited to configure yet? If not, hopefully there will be more feedback on the non-pano roof headroom issue before you have to finalize.

I, however, can not speak to whether or not Tesla has made any changes to the headliner and what the test drive vehicle represents in comparison to what is in production.

I just read a post today that contained a lengthy quote from George B. about why the rear seat lighting had been delayed, and it was because they found that if they eliminated the light, they could increase the rear seat headroom. They did so, and then began looking for a new light. They've now found one, and are going to add it back to any cars that were delivered without one.

Source: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...e-vanity-mirror-light-and-rear-reading-lights

I also recall reading about headroom complaints as well, but I double checked with husband and he said it was fine. I, however, can not speak to whether or not Tesla has made any changes to the headliner and what the test drive vehicle represents in comparison to what is in production. Sorry.

Have you been invited to configure yet? If not, hopefully there will be more feedback on the non-pano roof headroom issue before you have to finalize.

I've been invited to finalize over 2 months ago, but I have been holding off until I get more info. Since we are getting the 40 kWh, I wanted to wait until EPA estimates are released, but that may not happen before the price increase.

I visited the Tesla gallery in Scottsdale and sat in the back of Model S without pano roof. I am 6'0 and my hair was touching the headliner when sitting normally. My head touched when sitting straight.

7 out of the 8 Model S's that showed up to today's get-together:

PANO_20130209_142721.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

We were missing only green, gray, and the flat (Catalina) white... unfortunately, the silver one didn't make it into my picture.

Any recommendations on local electricians? Tesla had Mr. Electric contact me and they prepared a quote, but I was not impressed with what they planned to do or how much they wanted for the work. The were not willing to run the conduit through the wall and attic, so I will either do that myself or find another electrician. Also, was thinking about putting the outlet in the ceiling and then creating a spring system that would lift it out of the way, but within reach when not plugged in. Did anyone explore that option?