Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts Group

P03056
    Blog Entries

St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts Group

Announcing the St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts Group.

Come check us out.

Saint Louis Tesla Enthusiasts (Saint Louis, MO) - Meetup

Teg?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz G View Post

Come check us out.

Signed up, thanks Liz!
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

Signed up as well. Thanks for setting this up Liz.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz G View Post

Come check us out.

Although I'm not from STL, and I have no (financial) interest in meetup, thanks for creating another group within their "scope".

You're not listed there yet (likely not cached) ... but it'll be great, months from now, when meetup lights up with 50+ Tesla Owner groups.

(I am with Northern Illinois Tesla Owners Meetup)

P03056
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sp4rk View Post
    Although I'm not from STL, and I have no (financial) interest in meetup, thanks for creating another group within their "scope".

You're not listed there yet (likely not cached) ... but it'll be great, months from now, when meetup lights up with 50+ Tesla Owner groups.

(I am with Northern Illinois Tesla Owners Meetup)
    Yes. It is really great to watch the Tesla wave spread across America.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majerus View Post
    Signed up as well. Thanks for setting this up Liz.
    Glad too. Though I can't take all the credit. FlasherZ and his wife were kind enough to put the Meet up page together for the group.

Has anyone in STL ordered the Model S without the Pano roof? I'd really like to test out the head room in the back. I'm reconsidering the pano roof because of concerns of it making the interior cold in the winter and requiring more energy for heating.
    Last edited by zdre; 2012-12-13 at 10:58 PM.

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Leo has been out at my house the last couple of days tracking down and fixing the problems with my car. I brought up the group, and he has said he'd be happy to join and spend some time with us!

Some of the service items on my car:

My GPS is fixed, but only temporarily -- the GPS antenna and its connector are located underneath the liftgate glass (which must be removed to check). Leo disconnected the antenna in the front of the car and plugged a new one in, and the car then properly found its location after a reboot of both the instrument cluster and center console. This means that either the wiring harness to the rear has a bad wire or connector, or the antenna under the glass is unplugged or defective. Temporarily, the new antenna has been located up front in the car but will be moved when the wheels' curb rash is repaired, and a new tire is mounted.

My TPMS was reprogrammed after we replaced two bad TPMS sensors in the wheels. Their scanning tool could only pick it up every 3rd or 4th time. The wheels were removed and taken to Dobbs, where tires were unmounted, the sensors were installed, and the tires remounted. Leo also pointed out a small cut in the sidewall of my tire generated by a curb rub -- so now I'll be replacing a tire already -- GRR! I saw how the Tesla multi-tool operated -- I'm hoping that at some point a software feature will exist that will allow the car to auto-learn TPMS sensors rather than requiring the programming tool which will make it easy to switch between winter and summer tires.

Leo's just getting started in the area -- but I was really impressed with his experience. I learned a lot about the car I'm driving and we have a great guy who will be looking after us here!

Quote Originally Posted by zdre View Post
    Has anyone in STL ordered the Model S without the Pano roof? I'd really like to test out the head room in the back.
    My husband and I test drove a Performance S up in Oakbrook (Chicago) last month. No pano roof. Husband is 6'2" and he said he had no head room issues (or leg room). I have seen different reports here on the forums, but are experience was that it was fine for us. I sat in the back as well, but since I am short, that's never an issue. I am debating myself about the roof. I love the look of it, but in all honesty, I never use the sunroof on my current car; so I don't know if it really is worth the extra $ for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefuego View Post
    My husband and I test drove a Performance S up in Oakbrook (Chicago) last month. No pano roof. Husband is 6'2" and he said he had no head room issues (or leg room). I have seen different reports here on the forums, but are experience was that it was fine for us. I sat in the back as well, but since I am short, that's never an issue. I am debating myself about the roof. I love the look of it, but in all honesty, I never use the sunroof on my current car; so I don't know if it really is worth the extra $ for me.
    Did they change the headliner at some point? I seem to recall that someone 6'0" was hitting the roof. If it was OK for 6'2", not getting the pano roof may actually be an option.
    My wife uses the sunroof in our current car much more than I do. I do prefer opening it instead of the windows, but I still don't feel that I use it enough. The open feeling in a car with a sunroof is nice too, but I still have a hard time deciding.

Thread Information