Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phrases no longer valid with the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
Terms and phrases we have used for decades are no longer correct (whether in syntax or verbiage) when discussing a Model S (or any other EV for that fact). For example, one cannot correctly say "step on the gas" or "give it the gas" ... it is simply not right. So here are terms we should not consider valid in this respect:

- step on the gas

- leave her running

- smoke that (M5)

- what do you have under the hood?

- can you give me a jump?

Terms and phrases we have used for decades are no longer correct (whether in syntax or verbiage) when discussing a Model S (or any other EV for that fact). For example, one cannot correctly say "step on the gas" or "give it the gas" ... it is simply not right. So here are terms we should not consider valid in this respect:

- step on the gas

- leave her running

- smoke that (M5)

- what do you have under the hood?

- can you give me a jump?

Yikes! I never thought of the etymological impact of my purchase!! I'll miss:

- Four on the floor and a fifth under the seat

Ha! That's how I learned to drive a stick. 1971 Chevy Silverado. Heck, if you can drive a three on the tree, you can drive anything :)
Oh yeah, 3 on the tree. My experience was driving around construction sites during summer jobs in a similar vintage Jeep Wagoneer. My dad had a 1950 Bentley with right hand drive, 4 on the floor. The shifter was just inside the right driver door, a bit odd. I'll miss shifting in the S (just a little). I'm driving my Audi mostly in manual mode now for the last few months of the lease to get my fill...