Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Status of Dania Store?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rifleman

Now owns 2 Model S's!!!
Nov 29, 2011
Harrison Ohio
I am in town for work for the week, and thought I might swing by a Tesla store to pick up a new Tesla shirt for my daughter, and to drool over my dream car for a bit. Since I am only in this region ever other month or so, I am out of the loop, is the Dania store still a retail store, or is it service only now that Miami Beach is open?

I am in town for work for the week, and thought I might swing by a Tesla store to pick up a new Tesla shirt for my daughter, and to drool over my dream car for a bit. Since I am only in this region ever other month or so, I am out of the loop, is the Dania store still a retail store, or is it service only now that Miami Beach is open?

I was just there this morning -- they're finishing up construction to turn the Dania store into *mostly* a service center. The design has a small retail space in the front, but it's pretty bare bones. I assume they still have Tesla gear for sale there, but you may want to call ahead just to make sure.

BTW, it's the PERFECT place to go if you want to drool over the Model S. They have so many coming in (I'm told multiple deliveries every day now) that they have no room for them. The parking lot in front has at least a half dozen parked next to each other waiting to be delivered, and inside the service center there are a bunch more being prepped for delivery or serviced. Mine is in today to get my long-awaited paint armor, and I'm getting my windows tinted while it's there. Plus, it's pretty easy to get a test drive there as long as the specific time you go isn't reserved.

...I'm getting my windows tinted while it's there.
So they'll tint the windows right there @ the Dania Beach store? I'm not sure if my Model S will go from the Tesla factory to that store, then come to me via home delivery or be shipped to Tampa or somewhere closer first. I would like to get the windows tinted and certainly want to get it done either by Tesla or an approved Tesla third party. Out of curiosity, what did they charge for tinting?

So they'll tint the windows right there @ the Dania Beach store? I'm not sure if my Model S will go from the Tesla factory to that store, then come to me via home delivery or be shipped to Tampa or somewhere closer first. I would like to get the windows tinted and certainly want to get it done either by Tesla or an approved Tesla third party. Out of curiosity, what did they charge for tinting?

I don't know if it's someone "officially" endorsed by Tesla, but it's someone that the local service center manager is allowing to come on site to do cars (like mine) that are getting service for other things. They're charging a couple hundred dollars for the tinting, which seems reasonable to me. I'm going to the legal (Florida) limits on front and rear windows. I'm not sure how it would work to get the tinting done before delivery, but definitely talk to your DS and see if it's possible. They're all around there all the time (I saw Brandon come in as I was dropping off the car), so it would be easy enough for them to coordinate with your delivery. If not, they may be able to recommend someone else on the west coast to do the tinting.

One challenge of tinting your windows pre-delivery is that you have to keep them rolled up for some period of time afterwards, so you won't want to be trying out the car and opening/closing the door a lot right after getting the tint done. Just something to think about. Ideally, you'd wait a few weeks and find a time when you really don't plan on driving too much, and definitely not opening the windows for a couple of days, to do the tinting.

I don't know if it's someone "officially" endorsed by Tesla, but it's someone that the local service center manager is allowing to come on site to do cars (like mine) that are getting service for other things. They're charging a couple hundred dollars for the tinting, which seems reasonable to me. I'm going to the legal (Florida) limits on front and rear windows. I'm not sure how it would work to get the tinting done before delivery, but definitely talk to your DS and see if it's possible. They're all around there all the time (I saw Brandon come in as I was dropping off the car), so it would be easy enough for them to coordinate with your delivery. If not, they may be able to recommend someone else on the west coast to do the tinting.

One challenge of tinting your windows pre-delivery is that you have to keep them rolled up for some period of time afterwards, so you won't want to be trying out the car and opening/closing the door a lot right after getting the tint done. Just something to think about. Ideally, you'd wait a few weeks and find a time when you really don't plan on driving too much, and definitely not opening the windows for a couple of days, to do the tinting.
Thanks. I had my Audi done shortly after taking delivery. It was a similar situation. I had the car for a while, then took it back to the dealer where they had a 3rd party do the tinting. I remember needing to leave the windows up for 5 days. I'll be going for the maximum darkness on the S too. I'll check with the DS when we start our serious discussions which hopefully will be very soon. How is the tint in the pano roof doing in Florida weather?

I stopped in at the Dania store today. No merchandise for sale, but lots of Model S's to drool over. There were about 10 P's and 2 signatures that I saw parked in the front lot, and the guy inside said there were even more in the back.

After seeing a few in person, I am becoming more and more of a fan of the dolphin gray color, it is gorgeous. I think that the two gray model S's parked in front received 75% of my drooling :)

For anyone who wants to join in on the drooling, here is the front parking lot of the Dania Beach store right now. Enjoy :)

WP_000168.jpg

Amazing. It's more than tinting. I was a proponent for needing a shade up there, but after a month with the car I don't even think about needing it (and don't want it). The sun is a non-factor, even at the height of the day.
I agree. I've had my S for over two months and I've never even been aware of heat or too much light coming from the pano roof. Like you, I was convinced I'd need a shade. At this point, I'm not sure I take one even if it was offered for free.

Amazing. It's more than tinting. I was a proponent for needing a shade up there, but after a month with the car I don't even think about needing it (and don't want it). The sun is a non-factor, even at the height of the day.

I agree. I've had my S for over two months and I've never even been aware of heat or too much light coming from the pano roof. Like you, I was convinced I'd need a shade. At this point, I'm not sure I take one even if it was offered for free.

I hope you guys are right. However, where the roof may be problematic is not where you are seated in the front, but rather for the rear passengers. In addition, on long trips closing the shade will reduce the heat load by 19% and that will provide a small, but nevertheless measureable increase in range.

Having said that, if the shade implementation was cheesy looking I might pass on it as well.

Larry

Last edited by a moderator: