Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: European Timeline

So sad to see that the German government does absolutely NOTHING to promote EV's, even though they are always talking about how important it is to get as many of them on the roads as possible till 2020.

Oh yeah, five years without road tax are granted (which for many people would mean between 100 and 500 Euros total!)

I asked our local Tesla store manager to keep me informed about when the Model S demo cars currently in Europe would come to our store - never heard anything from him again after the initial confirmation. Tesla must really feel Germany is totally uniteresting a market compared to Norway, the Netherlands et al.

Frustrating to say the least.
    Last edited by AustinPowers; 2012-12-11 at 01:54 PM.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    My bet, @AustinPowers, is that Germany will begin their EV subsidies shortly before BMW rolls out its new i series.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    My bet, @AustinPowers, is that Germany will begin their EV subsidies shortly before BMW rolls out its new i series.
    But not until?

How very cynical of you, Robert! Implying the Deutschland gov't is in the pocket of BMW &/or any other Vaterland manufacturer! The very thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that. Our nice Mrs. Chancellor made it very clear (backed by our finance minister) that she doesn't see incentives as the right way to promote EV's. I'm sure the fact that it would be very costly for the state doesn't weigh into the equation

Perhaps they will subsidize the industry (quite likely they are doing that already), but certainly prospective buyers will be gladly overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by widodh View Post
    When I spoke to GeorgeB in May this year he told me that Tesla was going to open their European distribution center in the Netherlands and to final assembly (marriage of battery and car?) here and then ship them into Europe.

Probably due to the port of Rotterdam and infrastructure to reach the rest of Europe.

That of course doesn't mean that NL will get the first Model S in Europe, we might see them driving over our highways with destination Norway while we just wait for our "Finalize" button in our My Tesla account.

Looks like you were right http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/18...n+Tilburg.aspx
    It says that they will be starting a distribution centre in Tilburg.

European deliveries

Anyone with more information on the European (continental) deliveries? I ordered a long time ago (as a Roadster owner), but no news so far... Any input welcome here!!

You might want to take a look at these links:
    * Model S European Pricing | Blog | Tesla Motors
    * European Timeline
    BMW M5 E39 - Kawasaki Z750R - 3-phase power - Not a Roadster owner, but the co-owner of my/our company is

85kWh - 19" Cyclone grey - Pearl White - Tech Package - PDC - Sunroof - Twin-Chargers - Light package - Nappa Leather

Thread Information