Thread: Charging Over Night

Charging Over Night

I was wondering if others have seen the range decrease over night while plugged in? For example yesterday before bed I was at 241. I kept the car plugged in and woke up with 233 miles. Anyone else see this?
    Model S Signature Vin 1034

Model S Sig Perf, VIN 586
    part of the vampire load... it tops up then stops. Supposed to wake up, but nobody is sure that it will.

When we get a charge timer app, set your charging window from 7:01 am to 7:00 am. The car will top off every day at 7:01, when the window re-opens.

Sig S#118; R#770 (ret.) stevezzzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rlawson4 View Post
    I was wondering if others have seen the range decrease over night while plugged in? For example yesterday before bed I was at 241. I kept the car plugged in and woke up with 233 miles. Anyone else see this?
    A software update a month or so ago gave the S similar topping-off behavior as the Roadster: it wakes up every 24 hours and tops off the battery pack's charge. Before the latest 4.0 release, your behavior was normal: vampire loads would suck about 8 miles per day of range. Now, with 4.0, the car shuts off its displays and such when you exit the vehicle and the vampire loads are expected to be much lower. I haven't let it sit for long enough since 4.0 was installed to know: a) how much smaller the vampire loads are, and b) if it still wakes up every 24 hours to top off the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by tezco View Post
    When we get a charge timer app, set your charging window from 7:01 am to 7:00 am. The car will top off every day at 7:01, when the window re-opens.
    Anyone know when this is coming out? I was looking at PGE and thinking of switching to the E-9 rate, a charger timing app would be much appreciated. It's too bad NEMA 14-50 outlet timers don't exist

Thread Information