Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions for owners who are waiting for the HPWC

Blog Entries
    I don't see mine taper off (at least not more than a few amps) towards the end of a standard charge.

Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    The display starts low and builds up, it appears to be an average over a time period. As the car starts charging, it ramps up the amps (hey, that rhymes!) and the miles per hour of charge seems to lag. My home is at ~250V unloaded, ~245V loaded @ 40A, which is 9.8 kW. That gives me 31 miles per hour of charge, if you look at it after about 30 minutes of charging. If you're charging at 40A/240V you should be at about 30 miles per hour. If you're charging at 40A/208V (condos/industrial buildings), you should be at about 25-26 miles per hour.
    This is what I'm seeing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    I'm confused why you're seeing 31mph. Also, where are you seeing 10kW in the UI?
    You can change your preference for distance vs. power in the UI.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have your preferences set to show ideal range instead of rated range, you'll see even higher numbers. So for comparison, make sure you're set for Rated range (240 for full standard or 265-275 for full range)
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    I'm confused why you're seeing 31mph. Also, where are you seeing 10kW in the UI?
    Its part of the 4.0 software. Shows on the charging screen. (miles/hr charge rate, volts, amps, kW and hours to fully charged)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotSteve View Post
    Its part of the 4.0 software. Shows on the charging screen. (miles/hr charge rate, volts, amps, kW and hours to fully charged)
    It's also available in previous versions.
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Tesla announced that the HPWC would start shipping in December 2012. I asked our configuration contact about it and he confirmed December. Our car will not be produced until February or March of 2013 so I asked him if the HPWC might be shipped far in advance of the car. He informed us that these units would be shipped in the same sequence as the orders were placed. Because I have no idea how many people ordering the car included the HPWC I am still unsure about when it will arrive. I am traveling to western Washington tomorrow and intend to ask at the Tesla Store in Bellevue. I am hopeful that many car buyers did not order the HPWC so that we can at least get it soon. Finished the 100 Amp branch to the garage last week. The electrician included an NEMA 14-50 outlet which is functioning now.
    Model S, 85 kWh, Pano, Twin chargers, Tech Package, Sound Studio, Brown Exterior, Tan Leather Interior with Lacewood accents, HPWC

Quote Originally Posted by JackA View Post
    He informed us that these units would be shipped in the same sequence as the orders were placed.
    This is interesting to me, as this is a very different order than the order in which cars are being delivered. I am an early order but won't receive my car until a bit later due to my battery option. Wonder if I will get the HPWC before others that had their car delivered before mine.

Cheers.
    Grey, Grey Leather, Piano Black, 60 kWh battery, Air Suspension, Standard Audio, Pano Roof, Tech package, Jump Seats, Supercharging, Twin Chargers, 19" Wheels
    P 912 / VIN 5YJSA1DG5DFP03541 Factory delivery 1/26/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilidh View Post
    This is interesting to me, as this is a very different order than the order in which cars are being delivered. I am an early order but won't receive my car until a bit later due to my battery option. Wonder if I will get the HPWC before others that had their car delivered before mine.

Cheers.
    Most likely it will be in the sequence of the delivered orders. Although getting the HPWC ready will just make the wait for the car that much more unbearable!

Thread Information