Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S PR and Buzz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice article in the Seattle Times' "NWautos" section today (9 December 2012). I have been watching various forum sites and blogs to see if after about 1,000 deliveries on the Model S any problems would become evident. So far, seems to be minor issues that can be, or are fixed.

Nice article in the Seattle Times' "NWautos" section today (9 December 2012). I have been watching various forum sites and blogs to see if after about 1,000 deliveries on the Model S any problems would become evident. So far, seems to be minor issues that can be, or are fixed.

That could explain why we were having cars hover next to us every few miles on I-5 while drivers and passengers were waving, smiling and giving us a thumbs up or "OK" signs this weekend. It seemed like a larger number than usual.

We even had a Nissan representative ask to take a photo of our car next to his Leaf while we were checking out charging stations on our route. I wish I had enough time to grab a snapshot of him in his Nissan jacket and ballcap taking that photo.

The reporter had interviewed TomSax and I for an article on "range anxiety" several months ago. We talked him in to taking a different approach and he put out a pretty positive article. Then in July he started asking for names of local Tesla owners. He interviewed four of us in early October.

It still has a couple of minor mistakes and doesn't make all the points I would make (or did make; I probably talked to him for about 30 minutes for this article) but it's still nice to see somebody trying to write about owners see their EVs rather than just repeating they've failed because nobody wants to pay extra for a car that leaves them stranded. To me, talking to owners (rather than people that don't drive them - what other topic do reporters do that for?) at length is what makes the difference in most of these articles.

Charlene and I are headed north tomorrow to link up with the Sun Coast Highway trans Canada team. We have a bottle of Columbia River water to add to their Atlantic Ocean water. It seems "right" that this water from the Columbia which generates so much clean electrical power should ride the remained of it's journey to the Pacific in a Tesla Roadster! We are set to meet them at the Holiday Inn in Kamloops, BC. We hope many Tesla drivers will be able to meet these guys in Vancouver later this week.