Thread: Model S PR and Buzz

Model S PR and Buzz

Nice article in the Seattle Times' "NWautos" section today (9 December 2012). I have been watching various forum sites and blogs to see if after about 1,000 deliveries on the Model S any problems would become evident. So far, seems to be minor issues that can be, or are fixed.
    Model S, 85 kWh, Pano, Twin chargers, Tech Package, Sound Studio, Brown Exterior, Tan Leather Interior with Lacewood accents, HPWC on PlugShare
    Polaris Ranger EV Voltronix USA Li-Ion Conversion
    Sthil Battery Powered mower, trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by JackA View Post
    Nice article in the Seattle Times' "NWautos" section today (9 December 2012). I have been watching various forum sites and blogs to see if after about 1,000 deliveries on the Model S any problems would become evident. So far, seems to be minor issues that can be, or are fixed.
    1 million miles total on owners cars yet? I'll be at 1k after next week
    no problems. f
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - 27550mi @ 369Whr/mi Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Quote Originally Posted by Zextraterrestrial View Post
    1 million miles total on (Model S) owners cars yet?
    Now that you mention it, we're probably due for an official announcement like that from Tesla.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

You would think that with connectivity they know every mile driven, period.
    [/B][/URL] Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

That could explain why we were having cars hover next to us every few miles on I-5 while drivers and passengers were waving, smiling and giving us a thumbs up or "OK" signs this weekend. It seemed like a larger number than usual.

We even had a Nissan representative ask to take a photo of our car next to his Leaf while we were checking out charging stations on our route. I wish I had enough time to grab a snapshot of him in his Nissan jacket and ballcap taking that photo.
    Signature 909

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This one? Could long-range Tesla Model S change the way we view e-cars? - NWautos

doug: yes your posted link is the article I was referencing.
    Model S, 85 kWh, Pano, Twin chargers, Tech Package, Sound Studio, Brown Exterior, Tan Leather Interior with Lacewood accents, HPWC on PlugShare

Blog Entries
    The reporter had interviewed TomSax and I for an article on "range anxiety" several months ago. We talked him in to taking a different approach and he put out a pretty positive article. Then in July he started asking for names of local Tesla owners. He interviewed four of us in early October.

It still has a couple of minor mistakes and doesn't make all the points I would make (or did make; I probably talked to him for about 30 minutes for this article) but it's still nice to see somebody trying to write about owners see their EVs rather than just repeating they've failed because nobody wants to pay extra for a car that leaves them stranded. To me, talking to owners (rather than people that don't drive them - what other topic do reporters do that for?) at length is what makes the difference in most of these articles.
    Roadster #690; Model S #112; Model X Reserved Plug In America How to plan a road trip - how long will it take?

First time I've seen the lesser ranged S's portrayed as being an advantage because of lower cost...

Charlene and I are headed north tomorrow to link up with the Sun Coast Highway trans Canada team. We have a bottle of Columbia River water to add to their Atlantic Ocean water. It seems "right" that this water from the Columbia which generates so much clean electrical power should ride the remained of it's journey to the Pacific in a Tesla Roadster! We are set to meet them at the Holiday Inn in Kamloops, BC. We hope many Tesla drivers will be able to meet these guys in Vancouver later this week.

Thread Information