Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a finalized multi-coat red have a delivery window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that my finalized order has been changed from blue to red, I'm curious what delivery windows have been given to those with finalized multi-coat red orders? Too impatient to wait until tomorrow:)

Assuming sunset red and multi-coat red are the same..... I got Apr/May when I finalized last week. My seq is 5xxx and I first finalized in early Sep with black exterior and recently changed once red became an option.

Not sure if this counts but I hit the finalize button on Saturday (Dec 8) and got an April/May estimate. Haven't signed the docs yet, I'm P1,491 and deferred to get the Red.

Wow, that wait would kill me and we absolutely love the Sunset Red, but are sticking with Blue *JUST* to get Jan/Feb delivery window.

Wow, that wait would kill me and we absolutely love the Sunset Red, but are sticking with Blue *JUST* to get Jan/Feb delivery window.

I'd probably be getting my car in the next week or two if I didn't defer for the red. Not a big deal as it's only an additional 4-5 months. Plus March is bonus season which the timing supports nicely. I'm anxious for delivery but I keep my cars 10+ years so would rather have exactly what I want. It's worth the extra wait to me.

I'd probably be getting my car in the next week or two if I didn't defer for the red. Not a big deal as it's only an additional 4-5 months. Plus March is bonus season which the timing supports nicely. I'm anxious for delivery but I keep my cars 10+ years so would rather have exactly what I want. It's worth the extra wait to me.

Agree completely. Expect to finalize the order today, assuming I get the new MVPA. Also assuming the delivery window will be delayed from Feb/March to April/May. Knew when I made the change that delivery would be delayed a few months, but that's a very small price for having the car I really want.

Agree completely. Expect to finalize the order today, assuming I get the new MVPA. Also assuming the delivery window will be delayed from Feb/March to April/May. Knew when I made the change that delivery would be delayed a few months, but that's a very small price for having the car I really want.

P5810 waiting for the red also and the wait may indeed kill me!

from my Samsung galaxy s3

Wondering to also how many backed up they have when they do start producing the red if there will be a large backlog and for the delay?

from my Samsung galaxy s3

I read somewhere that there are 10 paint stations so any one color will be 10% of cars or 40 per week. Assuming there is no priority for battery pack selection (40 kwh would also have started in Mar) strict sequence number will likely be followed. Assume 20% of reservations go for red and you can see that there will be delays due to red even beyond May. Just my WAG.

I read somewhere that there are 10 paint stations so any one color will be 10% of cars or 40 per week. Assuming there is no priority for battery pack selection (40 kwh would also have started in Mar) strict sequence number will likely be followed. Assume 20% of reservations go for red and you can see that there will be delays due to red even beyond May. Just my WAG.

There is one continuous booth that paints all the cars, they are not painted in individual stations by color. The Tesla paint center does have 10+ paint systems that hold each of the colors, all of which are connected to the booth and which can be painted at any time in any order. So the only limiting factor is the speed of the conveyor through the booth. Also the color breakdown varies, not all will be 10%, some could be 20%+ while others are as low as 5% depending on popularity.

I finalized the first day the multi-coat red became available, and my 'estimated delivery window' was/is Feb/Mar. Then I talked to a Tesla person the next day and was told that delivery would be more like Mar/April, and also that they are adjusting the color to have more depth then the 'Sunset Red' which is very flat. That is why they now call it "Multi-Coat Red."

Anyone have any idea what the red will actually look like? I saw on the factory video that Elon was consumed at one point that the red Model S color should have a depth and sparkle to it unlike anything else out there! But that video was made some time ago... Personally my favorite car color is red, but some of the photos I've seen of the red sigs look more like maroon, and quite ugly for my taste... I am hoping this is a really rich red, kind of like the red that was used on the mark IV supra (I used to have a red one and loved that color.)

Anyone have any idea what the red will actually look like? I saw on the factory video that Elon was consumed at one point that the red Model S color should have a depth and sparkle to it unlike anything else out there! But that video was made some time ago... Personally my favorite car color is red, but some of the photos I've seen of the red sigs look more like maroon, and quite ugly for my taste... I am hoping this is a really rich red, kind of like the red that was used on the mark IV supra (I used to have a red one and loved that color.)

Look here: http://www.mnx.ca/ModelS/. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Look here: http://www.mnx.ca/ModelS/. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks for the link. The pics do indeed look beautiful. I bet in real life it's even more stunning! I think I'm going with the red multi-coat :) :love:

- - - Updated - - -

What interior colors are you going with on the Red multi-coat? I think black leather is the ticket, with carbon fiber (or piano black on non perf.)