Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with a finalized multi-coat red have a delivery window?

Quote Originally Posted by Yogionthebeach View Post
    I read somewhere that there are 10 paint stations so any one color will be 10% of cars or 40 per week. Assuming there is no priority for battery pack selection (40 kwh would also have started in Mar) strict sequence number will likely be followed. Assume 20% of reservations go for red and you can see that there will be delays due to red even beyond May. Just my WAG.
    There is one continuous booth that paints all the cars, they are not painted in individual stations by color. The Tesla paint center does have 10+ paint systems that hold each of the colors, all of which are connected to the booth and which can be painted at any time in any order. So the only limiting factor is the speed of the conveyor through the booth. Also the color breakdown varies, not all will be 10%, some could be 20%+ while others are as low as 5% depending on popularity.

Items for Sale
    Just got an answer today from Tesla to my own question. When I finalized my new order of red (after changing from finalization of an order for blue) I got a delivery window of April/May. For a number of major reasons, this is perfect timing for me.

I finalized the first day the multi-coat red became available, and my 'estimated delivery window' was/is Feb/Mar. Then I talked to a Tesla person the next day and was told that delivery would be more like Mar/April, and also that they are adjusting the color to have more depth then the 'Sunset Red' which is very flat. That is why they now call it "Multi-Coat Red."
    VIN#7773, 85 kWh, Multi-Coat Red, delivered April 12.

Glad to hear confirmation that they are adjusting the color. Hopefully it will be richer than the original Sunset Red.
    P1,491 - 85 kWh - multi-coat red, tan interior, obeche matte, black roof - air suspension, tech package - 19" wheels

Anyone have any idea what the red will actually look like? I saw on the factory video that Elon was consumed at one point that the red Model S color should have a depth and sparkle to it unlike anything else out there! But that video was made some time ago... Personally my favorite car color is red, but some of the photos I've seen of the red sigs look more like maroon, and quite ugly for my taste... I am hoping this is a really rich red, kind of like the red that was used on the mark IV supra (I used to have a red one and loved that color.)

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the red will actually look like? I saw on the factory video that Elon was consumed at one point that the red Model S color should have a depth and sparkle to it unlike anything else out there! But that video was made some time ago... Personally my favorite car color is red, but some of the photos I've seen of the red sigs look more like maroon, and quite ugly for my taste... I am hoping this is a really rich red, kind of like the red that was used on the mark IV supra (I used to have a red one and loved that color.)
    Look here: http://www.mnx.ca/ModelS/. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Look here: http://www.mnx.ca/ModelS/. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Thanks for the link. The pics do indeed look beautiful. I bet in real life it's even more stunning! I think I'm going with the red multi-coat

- - - Updated - - -

What interior colors are you going with on the Red multi-coat? I think black leather is the ticket, with carbon fiber (or piano black on non perf.)

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What interior colors are you going with on the Red multi-coat? I think black leather is the ticket, with carbon fiber (or piano black on non perf.)
    After seeing a red car with a black interior in Streets of Fire, I'm thinking that tan is the only colour that really works.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

P5810 Multi-coat red with tan interior here estimated delivery April /May though I am also disadvantaged by 60kwh battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@Discoducky,

I'm doing the same exact thing. Want the Red, but I'm not willing to wait that long, so I'm sticking with my original Blue order. I'm also a 60kWh battery guy, so I'm hoping for the delivery experts to get in touch with me kinda soon!

Thread Information