Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Anyone with a finalized multi-coat red have a delivery window?

  1. #1
    Sponsor artsci's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Timonium, Maryland
    Posts
    2,678
    Items for Sale

    Anyone with a finalized multi-coat red have a delivery window?

    Now that my finalized order has been changed from blue to red, I'm curious what delivery windows have been given to those with finalized multi-coat red orders? Too impatient to wait until tomorrow

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Redding, CT
    Posts
    1,148
    Not sure if this counts but I hit the finalize button on Saturday (Dec 8) and got an April/May estimate. Haven't signed the docs yet, I'm P1,491 and deferred to get the Red.
    P1,491 - 85 kWh - multi-coat red, tan interior, obeche matte, black roof - air suspension, tech package - 19" wheels

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Landenberg, PA
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Now that my finalized order has been changed from blue to red, I'm curious what delivery windows have been given to those with finalized multi-coat red orders? Too impatient to wait until tomorrow
    Assuming sunset red and multi-coat red are the same..... I got Apr/May when I finalized last week. My seq is 5xxx and I first finalized in early Sep with black exterior and recently changed once red became an option.

  4. #4
    Member xhawk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Now that my finalized order has been changed from blue to red, I'm curious what delivery windows have been given to those with finalized multi-coat red orders? Too impatient to wait until tomorrow
    April or may. Hoping sooner since I have 'sold' a model s and x making us a three tesla family


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #5
    Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,078
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnQ View Post
    Not sure if this counts but I hit the finalize button on Saturday (Dec 8) and got an April/May estimate. Haven't signed the docs yet, I'm P1,491 and deferred to get the Red.
    Wow, that wait would kill me and we absolutely love the Sunset Red, but are sticking with Blue *JUST* to get Jan/Feb delivery window.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Redding, CT
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Discoducky View Post
    Wow, that wait would kill me and we absolutely love the Sunset Red, but are sticking with Blue *JUST* to get Jan/Feb delivery window.
    I'd probably be getting my car in the next week or two if I didn't defer for the red. Not a big deal as it's only an additional 4-5 months. Plus March is bonus season which the timing supports nicely. I'm anxious for delivery but I keep my cars 10+ years so would rather have exactly what I want. It's worth the extra wait to me.
    P1,491 - 85 kWh - multi-coat red, tan interior, obeche matte, black roof - air suspension, tech package - 19" wheels

  7. #7
    Sponsor artsci's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Timonium, Maryland
    Posts
    2,678
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnQ View Post
    I'd probably be getting my car in the next week or two if I didn't defer for the red. Not a big deal as it's only an additional 4-5 months. Plus March is bonus season which the timing supports nicely. I'm anxious for delivery but I keep my cars 10+ years so would rather have exactly what I want. It's worth the extra wait to me.
    Agree completely. Expect to finalize the order today, assuming I get the new MVPA. Also assuming the delivery window will be delayed from Feb/March to April/May. Knew when I made the change that delivery would be delayed a few months, but that's a very small price for having the car I really want.

  8. #8
    Member xhawk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Agree completely. Expect to finalize the order today, assuming I get the new MVPA. Also assuming the delivery window will be delayed from Feb/March to April/May. Knew when I made the change that delivery would be delayed a few months, but that's a very small price for having the car I really want.
    P5810 waiting for the red also and the wait may indeed kill me!

    from my Samsung galaxy s3

  9. #9
    Member xhawk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
    Posts
    827
    Wondering to also how many backed up they have when they do start producing the red if there will be a large backlog and for the delay?

    from my Samsung galaxy s3

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Landenberg, PA
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by xhawk101 View Post
    Wondering to also how many backed up they have when they do start producing the red if there will be a large backlog and for the delay?

    from my Samsung galaxy s3
    I read somewhere that there are 10 paint stations so any one color will be 10% of cars or 40 per week. Assuming there is no priority for battery pack selection (40 kwh would also have started in Mar) strict sequence number will likely be followed. Assume 20% of reservations go for red and you can see that there will be delays due to red even beyond May. Just my WAG.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why no multi-coat black?
    By Rodolfo Paiz in forum Model S: Interior & Exterior
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2012-12-10, 06:45 PM
  2. My Daily Obsession...Delivery Window...12/7-12/21...15 days...ahhhhh!!!!
    By Francis Lau in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2012-12-09, 08:29 PM
  3. Why no multi-coat black?
    By Rodolfo Paiz in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2012-11-30, 05:22 PM
  4. Prototype Red vs Signature Red (vs Sunset Red)
    By Larry Chanin in forum Model S: Interior & Exterior
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2012-07-18, 05:05 AM
  5. Interior design finalized
    By fairlycool in forum Model S: Interior & Exterior
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2011-12-29, 11:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •