Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Larry's Most Excellent Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of us with the inside scoop know that it was actually Mary-Ellen's excellent party! :biggrin:

Well Larry and Mary-Ellen threw open their doors this afternoon and allowed a bunch of Tesla loving folks to come and eat all their food and drink lots of their booze. Plenty of TMC-ers there: I saw Keith and Mike and Steve and Bill and Ken and plenty of names I forget to mention :redface:. Even our (newish) Service Tech/Ranger Aaron came down from Tampa with his wife to meet everyone. (He wouldn't be drawn on an official opening date for Tampa Service but he did say "soon...")

There were at least 6 Model S and at one time we had 5 Sig reds parked outside. One Roadster owner drove from Naples and another S owner came down from The Villages (Larry and Mrs Larry are very good company so people drive a long way to their parties!)

I didn't get very good pics, but here's a few for now and I'm sure that there'll be quite a few adding to the thread:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Thanks again Larry!

(P.S. Yes folks, mine was the dirty one! Didn't have time to get it washed this week...)

Great party Larry and Marry Ellen! Thank you for the hospitality! Nice to meet many of the local tesla motors club friends in person. What a bunch of great people.

Great to know Tampa service center opening soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Those of us with the inside scoop know that it was actually Mary-Ellen's excellent party! :biggrin:

Well Larry and Mary-Ellen threw open their doors this afternoon and allowed a bunch of Tesla loving folks to come and eat all their food and drink lots of their booze. Plenty of TMC-ers there: I saw Keith and Mike and Steve and Bill and Ken and plenty of names I forget to mention :redface:. Even our (newish) Service Tech/Ranger Aaron came down from Tampa with his wife to meet everyone. (He wouldn't be drawn on an official opening date for Tampa Service but he did say "soon...")

There were at least 6 Model S and at one time we had 5 Sig reds parked outside. One Roadster owner drove from Naples and another S owner came down from The Villages (Larry and Mrs Larry are very good company so people drive a long way to their parties!)

Thanks Nigel for starting this thread and thanks for dropping by. We really appreciate it.

What a blast!! So many Teslas and so many new friends!

This event marks shifting gears from obsessing about getting a Model S to actually driving one with friends!

Here's a few photos:

Larry's Model S Delivery party.jpg

Beware: Tesla obsessive lives here!

Tesla Partyware.jpg

Tesla Partyware

Model S Vintage.jpg

Thanks to Mike and Doris we served nothing but the best

Eva and her Roadster.jpg

Eva and her immaculate White Roadster

Dicks casual attire.jpg

I told my neighbor Dick that the party was Tesla dressy casual

Micheline and Harris Black Beauty.jpg

Micheline & Harris' beautiful black Model S

Model S as far as the eye can see.jpg

Model Ss as far as the eye can see

Larry

Great party Larry and Marry Ellen! Thank you for the hospitality! Nice to meet many of the local tesla motors club friends in person. What a bunch of great people.

Great to know Tampa service center opening soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Steve,

It was great to see you again.

If I can get sufficient advance notice from Tesla on the official opening celebration of the service center, I'll try to organize a club event nearby.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Larry and Mary Ellen. Hope this starts a trend. Love seeing all those Ses parked together.

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for coming it was a blast! I believe Aaron said that about half of the Model Ss in the area were there.

Besides attending the service center opening celebration we've been considering a local rally at the duPont Registry in Tampa if there is interest.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Larry from your friend(s) on the east coast! No one deserves to enjoy that car as much as you.

This picture is totally awesome. Model S taking over Sarasota!! ICE's beware!!

Thanks Josh, that very kind of you to say.

We'll as you probably know we've started a club charging network to tide us over until Tesla rolls out the Supercharger network. So after we get comfortable in the knowledge that we can charge at a club members' home, we'll be visiting you folks over on the East Coast, and hopefully vice versa.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also like to thank all those TMC members who are not Florida Tesla Motors Club members that contributed to this thread. Your encouragement is sincerely appreciated!

Regards.

Larry