Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lotus buys its chassis supplier

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Malcolm,

Yeah, isn't that interesting. I saw the news yesterday, and I thought, "These guys are smart, they're positioning themselves to be THE go-to company for lightweight design/manufacturing for the coming EV revolution". I wish them well. Is Lotus Group publicly traded?

All the best,

Chris H.

Hi chris.

You know it's a shame that Tesla have already played their "team up with Lotus" card because Whitestar as an Electric Eagle is a bit of a gift.

Oh well.
I agree Malcolm. I think TM is going to have a tough time with the Whitestar. I suppose that we should keep in mind that they have not yet released any images of Whitestar, or broken ground in Albuquerque, so maybe it's not too late for them to go back, hat in hand, to Lotus.

BTW, I was looking back through the older forums the other day, and I found a thread that you started called "The Early Years" that I hadn't seen before. I really enjoyed the time line, the running employee count, and some of the early pictures of Tesla 1.0. Thanks.

- Chris