Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fogging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No aircon.

My DS seems to think I shouldn't be getting a Frunk cargo net. I'll email Tesla.

I'll take some pictures. The fogged headlights don't look great. I thought headlights are sealed. The are fogged from the inside. As does my rear view camera, gets really wet too. Rain-X?

Do you have aircon on when getting this fogging?

If your windows are fogging in your temperate climates, I am not encouraged as to how it will be in winter... Not much worse than windows covered with frozen water vapor on the inside of the car, especially if it occurs despite using the ventilation system / A/C.

Anemic ventilation / defrosting ability would be one of the few things that would make me consider cancelling my reservation...

Say it ain't so!

The chemicals coming from the new materials are placing a coating upon the windows that absorbs moisture and fogs up. Paper towels and a good glass cleaner should help quite a bit. I noticed the fogging at about 600 miles or so and it fogs much less if you keep the inside of the glass clean.

The chemicals coming from the new materials are placing a coating upon the windows that absorbs moisture and fogs up. Paper towels and a good glass cleaner should help quite a bit. I noticed the fogging at about 600 miles or so and it fogs much less if you keep the inside of the glass clean.
This! The windshield interior is much clearer where I've been able to wipe it clean. (Bit hard to get to the very front of it.)

The interior of the Model S fogs easily because it's so well sealed. You need to run the fan and/or A/C.
I don't see it being an issue in the Winter -- it's just that it's really easy to increase the interior humidity; when the exterior temp is 45F, the heat and fan barely runs, so it fogs up. That will likely not be true in <32F conditions (which is so far what I've observed).