Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: My Daily Obsession...Delivery Window...12/7-12/21...15 days...ahhhhh!!!!

  1. #1
    P-1456 Francis Lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    491

    My Daily Obsession...Delivery Window...12/7-12/21...15 days...ahhhhh!!!!

    It has been 3 years since I reserved and everything has been fine until last Friday 11/30, I received the "Your Car is Ready" email and I completed the delivery details survey online. It said my delivery window is 12/7 to 12/21.

    Today is day 1 of 15 of my delivery window and I can't believe how much I am obsessing over the delivery. I even checked my home phone voice mail and SPAM folders to make sure I did not miss any Tesla contact attempts. I am having a bad case of obsession.

    The radio silence from Tesla is not helping, I have not heard from them since the email last week. They told me they will contact me once the car is in Washington but still in my state of mind, I need more information. I need a GPS tracker on my car so I can see if travelling north from Fremont to Seattle.

    The posts by folks with much higher reservation numbers who received their Model S's are not helping but I am bitterly happy for them

    Anybody feeling the same? I think I need group therapy or maybe more cow bells!

  2. #2
    Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,078
    Congrad's buddy! I've got the rest of year off so I hope you have a public delivery, would love to see it in person!

  3. #3
    Model S5,651, Model X109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lau View Post
    It has been 3 years since I reserved and everything has been fine until last Friday 11/30, I received the "Your Car is Ready" email and I completed the delivery details survey online. It said my delivery window is 12/7 to 12/21.

    Today is day 1 of 15 of my delivery window and I can't believe how much I am obsessing over the delivery. I even checked my home phone voice mail and SPAM folders to make sure I did not miss any Tesla contact attempts. I am having a bad case of obsession.

    The radio silence from Tesla is not helping, I have not heard from them since the email last week. They told me they will contact me once the car is in Washington but still in my state of mind, I need more information. I need a GPS tracker on my car so I can see if travelling north from Fremont to Seattle.

    The posts by folks with much higher reservation numbers who received their Model S's are not helping but I am bitterly happy for them

    Anybody feeling the same? I think I need group therapy or maybe more cow bells!
    Yes, same thing here. Only I really didn't expect to hear anything until yesterday when I got the "do-you-want-your-car-now?" email. Now it's all I can think about! I was totally at peace with not getting my car until the end of January, I was even considering taking a break from checking this forum all the time. But then Tesla had to step in and utterly shatter my peace and scatter my wits to the wind! I've rented a PODS thing to put in my driveway tomorrow so that I can empty my garage and put down a floor sealant/paint in preparation. I'm obsessed!
    Model S Performance, VIN 02595. Blue, Tan, Matte Obeche. Best car I've ever driven.

  4. #4
    P-1456 Francis Lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Discoducky View Post
    Congrad's buddy! I've got the rest of year off so I hope you have a public delivery, would love to see it in person!
    I have been working with Tesla to organize group delivery parties for the Seattle area but nothing is set yet. It is voluntary, of course. I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Francis Lau; 2012-12-07 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added voluntary sentence

  5. #5
    I can relate since I received the "do you want your car before the end of 2012" email a couple of days ago. Yesterday a contractor friend came over and we installed the PLUG. I learned how to bend rigid conduit. We surfaced mounted it in our dry walled garage. Now that this is finally becoming a reality, we are talking to friends and neighbors about Tesla. Does the obsession go away once you have the car?

  6. #6
    P-1456 Francis Lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyS View Post
    Does the obsession go away once you have the car?
    I think it diminishes. However, I think you now think and converse more in this forum and with folks more about the car and what you are learning about owning an electric car.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evergreen, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    198
    It would really enhance the experience if they had a real-time GPS tracker so you could watch where the car was at.

  8. #8
    P-1456 Francis Lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    491
    I just received a call for delivery. I am scheduled to take delivery at the Seattle Service Center on Tuesday 12/11 at noon. My reservation is P1456 and VIN is 1646. This is day 5 of my 15 day window, wow! It looks like Tesla is getting more timely. Just FYI, I have no trade-in, no waiting for loan arrangements and I am taking delivery at the service center, so it is pretty straightforward.

  9. #9
    Burrito Founder brianman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TMC.com
    Posts
    12,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lau View Post
    I just received a call for delivery. I am scheduled to take delivery at the Seattle Service Center on Tuesday 12/11 at noon. My reservation is P1456 and VIN is 1646. This is day 5 of my 15 day window, wow! It looks like Tesla is getting more timely. Just FYI, I have no trade-in, no waiting for loan arrangements and I am taking delivery at the service center, so it is pretty straightforward.
    Excellent. Your pillow will be lonely tomorrow night though, I suspect.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

    PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How many days before delivery do you receive title and registration documents?
    By artsci in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2012-10-13, 02:34 PM
  2. Days to cover dropped 30% in the past month!!! Just announced!!
    By Iamthecaliflower in forum Tesla Motors
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2012-01-26, 03:59 PM
  3. How Hot? Dog days of summer!
    By DrTaras in forum Roadster
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2010-08-25, 06:43 PM
  4. Another obsession: LED flashlights
    By TEG in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2009-07-07, 12:59 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2009-03-31, 10:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •