Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An apology to Tesla for having criticized them about my requested color change

Items for Sale

An apology to Tesla for having criticized them about my requested color change

I regret very much for having criticized Tesla on this site for their initial response to my request to change the color of my finalized Model S order from blue to multicolor red. Following the advice of many of you I contacted George B. by PM, and then, thanks to digitalTim, also by email. I also emailed the delivery staff. Tesla responded in less than 24 hours: late this afternoon I received a voice mail message from Angie on the Ownership Experience Team. She said she's unlocking my order and will do everything possible with production to make the change. She'll let me know on Monday how it works out.

What more can I ask? I feel like a chump for having criticized Tesla when they obviously are reaching out to help me. What a company! This is the ultimate definition of customer service. Even if they can't make the change I can't complain. If I get the red, I'll be profoundly grateful. If the change can't be made, I'll be happy that Tesla tried to help, even though I had asked for something they were not obliged to even consider. And, yes, the blue is a beautiful color.

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    It wasn't a totally unreasonable expectation that if your car hasn't been painted (or possibly isn't even a BIW!), surely they could change your color. I think it's reasonable to suggest that's a disappointment in your expectations.

But Tesla's proving to run a tight ship and won't leave their customers hanging for long. Glad to see another example of Tesla kicking some serious ass

If you have not already, you can go back to your original "not too happy" #1 post and edit it to put a line at the top about how happy they have made you and that reading the "rant" below is pointless (or something like that).

The blue is killer beautiful. Blue Suede Shoe beautiful. Singing' the Blues beautiful. Blue-Sky beautiful. Finding my thrill on Blueberry hill beautiful.
    Especially when it arrives at me house in a few weeks.
    So you have yourself a win win situation.

Model S5,651, Model X109
    That's great news! I'm quite pleased that Tesla is trying to make you as happy as possible. I'm not surprised. I got a chance to meet George at the Fremont Get Amped event. My major take-away from our discussion was that he is genuinely interested in making customers as happy as possible but, if they cannot accommodate for some reason, he would tell the customer exactly why.

Oh, and I appreciate your take on this situation. I gotta say, it's refreshing to see someone with an appropriate attitude toward something like this. It's not the end of the world when your made-to-order all-electric premium sedan comes in your second favorite color. Bravo, sir, bravo.
    Model S Performance, VIN 02595. Blue, Tan, Matte Obeche. Best car I've ever driven.

Very classy post, @artsci.

Whether or not they can change the color, I'm happy for their responsiveness and your happiness with it. Tesla always comes through, one way or another, and does what they can. No promises, clearly, but they are taking your request seriously, which is really all one can ask for something like this.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Great post, nicely done. I hope they can do it for you but if they can't, it looks like they are trying which is part of what you were going for. Congrats. Either way, you'll have a great looking car.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Items for Sale
    Thanks for all of the nice comments Tesla friends. I thought making this post was the right thing to do.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    snip

And, yes, the blue is a beautiful color.
    After I got advice here, you might want to consider what I am doing.
    I found the red TOO red, so I maybe the first to try to get my black S wrapped.

@ModelS1079 'BLUEBYU' beautiful. Vanity plate on my C5 gen Electron Blue Z06 Corvette.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information